Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How did your DH/SO propose?

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:40 AM
  • 25 Replies

How did your DH/SO propose?

groom bride

by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GabbyGirlsMommy
by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:44 AM
We went on a weekend trip to the Greenbriar hotel in West VA and did some romantic things like a fancy dinner and a horse/carriage ride in the mountains. Then on the last night he took me into the garden and proposed on one knee. It was beautifully decorated for Christmas. We hope to go back one day but it's soooo expensive so who knows.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 7:06 AM
3 moms liked this

He took me to dinner and invited another couple to go with us. We were celebrating my birthday a couple of weeks early as it was the only way all of us could go out due to scheduling. While we were there, he pulled out a stack of papers and told me to read it out loud. It was a very funny story of how we met and started dating. One of the last pages was blank and when I looked at him, he told me to look at the papers again.. on the stack was an open ring box and he asked me to marry him...then, he told me to flip the page over and the last page said YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on it. That was 18 years ago...

He's pretty inventive at times. LOL 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

marie2409
by on May. 20, 2013 at 7:09 AM
At the place we had our first date, a sports bar type place. A band we had seen there a couple times was playing. He pretended to go request a song. A few minutes later the called our names and he got down on one knee and proposed!! I was so surprised(in a good way!!) 😍❤
OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 7:10 AM
2 moms liked this
We went out to eat and after dinner we were waiting for our check he took the ring out of his pocket and slid it across the table. He said, 'I'm so full I can't get on one knee. '
Karen_29
by on May. 20, 2013 at 8:50 AM

It wasnt very romantic but my kids think it is funny! He had been planning it but he is not very patient. I was asleep from working 3rd shift he comes running in the room saying wake up for a minute I have to ask you something. I was half asleep so at first i thought i was dreaming. It was sweet and we have been married almost 15 years.

smarterthanyou
by on May. 20, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I was on bed rest with our son and in a lot of pain, we had talked about it. one day he came home from dropping his son off, had me close my eyes, and there is was with a boquet of flowers. he had me close my eyes, put me in a rolling chair (walking was too hard for me and highly recommended not to) and pushed me to our bed room, and there it was

bmw29
by Bobbie on May. 20, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
He didn't, I asked him. LOL
Marz31
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:01 AM

It was incredibly romantic. we found out in early January that we were both getting laid off within the next 9-18 months, so over netsend (old instant message) he basically said "I'd rather spend money on a ring than cobra". OMG, don't you all just swoon??? LMAO! We'd been together for 5.5 years at that point, we'd picked out my ring at the 2 year point, it was just a matter of time and I can't say I'm all that into the super romantic stuff anyway, it's great for others, I love hearing about it, but that's not me OR my husband!  The funniest part was, maybe the weekend before (or the one before that) I read about a special day of weddings that corresponded with a local cities 100th anniversary. I think I even mentioned it to him before all of this. that's what we ended up doing, with 90ish days to plan after we got confirmation that we were one of the first 25 couples to apply for the special day. And it was special, and CHEAP!

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on May. 20, 2013 at 12:06 PM

He proposed twice.  The first time was in our apartment on our anniversary shortly after our dd was born.  The second time we were at a restaurant on the boardwalk overlooking the ocean.

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:12 PM

The first time he did it at a luau in Hawaii when we were on vacation with my whole family.  The MC pulled me up to ask genreal questions about audience members and then up he comes and he proposed in front of all 1500 people there.  Then we split up a year later....then we got back together and he proposed again by doing a music montage on the computer for me.  We were married four years and now divorced.  The proposals were the best part of the marriage.  LOL!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)