Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Will this bring her bad luck??

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:16 AM
  • 11 Replies
I went to a wedding this weekend. when the bride threw her bouquet it bounced off a decoration that was hanging and she caught it herself! she asked some of the women there if that was bad luck, does it mean she will have two marriages and this one wont last???? no one knew as they had never seen that type of thing happen before, just wondering your girls thoughts on this :)
by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatmynameagain
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think its bad luck for her, she's sure of her marriage or she wouldn't be doing it,but maybe bad luck for any of the single ladies hoping to catch tjhr boquet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on May. 20, 2013 at 12:04 PM

No,  I don't think so.

Pukalani79
by Kris on May. 20, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I dont think so

storkradio193
by on May. 20, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I wouldn't think it's bad luck.  A small uncommon event won't shape her marriage.  

It might be good luck and probably almost never happens.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

KylesMom409
by Linnette on May. 20, 2013 at 4:59 PM
This

Quoting storkradio193:

I wouldn't think it's bad luck.  A small uncommon event won't shape her marriage.  

It might be good luck and probably almost never happens.

OHgirlinCA
by on May. 20, 2013 at 5:00 PM

It's only bad luck if the person believes it so.  Then, it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on May. 20, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I wouldn't imagine so. 

Side note: This must have been a popular weekend for weddings. My husband served in one, we were invited to two others and my son's baseball team almost had to forfeit their game because three of the kids were all serving in different weddings on the same night...lol. 

KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on May. 21, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Ehhh...doubt it.

I don't believe in luck. Good or bad.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Oh please ... it's just old wives tales and superstitions!  At my first wedding I did the whole kit and kaboodle (something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, not seeing the groom 24h before the wedding, sleeping at my mom's house the night prior, hanging a rosary from the clothing line yadi yada ...) Threw the bouquet which my friend caught and did the garter belt thang, wedding cake thing ...

Funny enough the girl who caught the bouquet and the guy who caught the garter did get married the following year but my marriage failed after 12 years.  So I don't believe in any of it.

For my second wedding I had NONE of this, no bouquet for my wedding, slept with my husband the night before and was with him ALL day, he saw me with my wedding dress on 1 month before the wedding, hell he helped me pick the dress, I had something new, of course but nothing blue or old or borrowed.  I had a garter but I kept it and never tossed it.  

godsgirl26
by ♥Charmaine♥ on May. 21, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I don't believe in that stuff lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN