Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Anyone had a skin tag removed.

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM
  • 11 Replies
I am having my Doctor remove a huge one on my neck in June. Does it hurt?
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2013 at 1:54 PM

DH had some removed from his face and neck. The doctor numbed them first so no, it didn't hurt. I've got a huge one under my arm right where the bottom of my bra sits. It bleeds all the time but our insurance doesn't cover skin tag removal because it's considered cosmetic:(

crwspringer
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 1:55 PM
It shouldn't.

My brother in law heats up nail clippers and snips them off him self.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liss05
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I have had quite a few removed my Derm "freezes" them off it stings afterwards for a little but quickly fades.

Janeite
by on May. 21, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I've had to have precancerous spots removed by my dermatologist - she put a numbing agent on first and either froze or lanced them. It was uncomfortable afterwards but I didn't think it hurt.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on May. 21, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Bump!

Kara242
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:23 PM

I had one on my neck that I used finger nail clippers on.  I have one on the inside of my leg, by my girl parts and my underware rub it at times. I wanted my dr to remove it but she wants to cut it out, and I really dont want a scar. I know it wouldnt be seen but I think Ill suffer thru. I have seen lots of remedys online but didnt know if they worked. Like the wart freezing stuff and duck tape.

amandaut99
by New Member on May. 22, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I had some small skin tags on my neck removed by scalpel - no numbing agent and it didn't hurt. I was so glad to have them gone - the doctor suggested it, I didn't even have to ask!

I also had some other bumps "frozen" that were on the insides of my thighs - that did sting a bit and took a long time to heal. These bumps were not skin tags but were some other kind of weird thing that my doctor told me children have frequently (molluscum?) and that would go away on their own if I wanted to wait but I didn't cause they looked yucky.

Good luck!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 22, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I had 3 removed from my neck a few years ago, it didn't hurt at all.

My mom is a nurse and clips them off herself.

JTE11
by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:52 PM

DH had a bunch removed from his neck and he said it stung and burned for a second as each was cut off ( he had 9 or 10 removed without anesthetic) but then later on they didn't hurt at all as they were healing. As for me, I just cut my own off. I'm not paying some doctor to do it!

chickieboom
by on May. 23, 2013 at 1:45 AM
You may not end up with a scar. I had one in my groin area that had gotten really bothersome. My GYN said she sees them all the time so she just removed it for me. It scabbed a bit for a couple days but then it was fine. It's been over a year now and I haven't had any scarring.

Quoting Kara242:

I had one on my neck that I used finger nail clippers on.  I have one on the inside of my leg, by my girl parts and my underware rub it at times. I wanted my dr to remove it but she wants to cut it out, and I really dont want a scar. I know it wouldnt be seen but I think Ill suffer thru. I have seen lots of remedys online but didnt know if they worked. Like the wart freezing stuff and duck tape.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN