Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

BBQ Covers?

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 4:00 PM
  • 10 Replies

We have not owned a BBQ grill in forever, and we finally got one again this Christmas. It is the Coleman Roadtrip LXX propane grill. It looks like it will be small enough to haul out and about if we choose to, but I think it will mainly stay parked on our back patio.

What sort of cover should we get for it? What stores have a good selection of covers? The last grill we had was a tiny little hibachi thing and we'd just bring it right inside the doorway of the house for bad weather.

Thanks, and I hope I don't come off as totally stupid on this!

~Blessings~
Me (Future Certified Veterinary Technician) and my Marshmallow Girl,

The 3 Cats, the 2 Cockatoos, the Hedgehog, and the Fishies

by on May. 21, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
storkradio193
by on May. 21, 2013 at 4:57 PM

You will find a large selection at Home Depot or Lowes, but you might find cheaper ones online.  I'm sure there are varying degrees of quality, but the main thing is making sure it fits.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

ohyouknow
by on May. 21, 2013 at 5:05 PM

We bought a grill cover at Walmart when we bought our grill.. Unfortunately, it ripped easily and was rendered useless. We then found one (out of season) at a Tractor Supply Store, and it's held up for a few years. If you intend on keeping it indoors (like in a garage or something where it is protected from the weather) I don't see it being an issue of needing a cover. However, we left ours uncovered when it rained ONCE, and all the temp gauges have standing water inside them that steam up now, making it impossible to read the temp once it gets hot and fogs up, and it makes the water in them boil! I have also noticed the metal has started to rust since it was uncovered in the rain shower. After having it three years, it looked brand new until I left it uncovered ONCE. In fact, we only had left it uncovered because I had been so determined to grill out ( Love grilling, hate winter, it was FINALLY warm even though it was still technically winter-ish) I was grilling in the rain with an umbrella. The grill was still hot, and it was still raining when all was said and done, so I didn't want to put the cover on until it was definitely cool enough. 

carakitty
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Thanks for the pointers!

soymujer
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I have gotten my hubby one twice and it keeps blowing away...

family in the van   Mom of four

BlueJane
by on May. 21, 2013 at 10:15 PM
We just bought a Traeger BBQ grill. We were going to go to a store and buy a cheapy cover but I found out that the Traeger covers that are made specifically for that grill was the same price. Now it looks great whether or not we are grilling!!
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on May. 21, 2013 at 10:17 PM

We've never used one for ours.  We've had it 10 years no problem.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 22, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

We've never used one for ours.  We've had it 10 years no problem.

morning_glories
by on May. 22, 2013 at 6:51 AM

No matter how much you pay for a grill cover it will rip. I buy a cheep $15 cover every year so I dont' fret over the wind tearing up a nice cover.

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2013 at 8:13 AM

We don't use a cover, we have a huge gas grill that's stationary.  My SO built a top for it so he could grill while it was raining and not get wet,lol

Definitely don't spend a lot on a cover they never last long.  I know that places like Home Depot and Lowes have a nice selection.  You can also try places like Target and Walmart.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

KylesMom409
by Linnette on May. 22, 2013 at 10:44 AM
We got our cover at Lowes and it's really held up over the years.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)