Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

So Proud!

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:53 AM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

My daughter is a band nerd.

This is her 3rd year with her high school marching band/field show, and she is loving it. They have class every other day (block scheduling in the high school here) and they have concert band, jazz band, marching band, drum line and field show. Their field show competes and they win the state championship for their division almost every year.

Because the band does so much they have a band council which has representatives for each class, uniform custodians, librarians, historians, drum majors (2 for marching band), vice president, president and field commander (directs the field show).

The band president and the field commander basically run the band and work hand in hand with the band director. 

My DD was one of the junior class representatives this year and she tried out for field commander. Last night was the band banquet where they presented their awards and announced their new council members. The seniors also 'will' items to underclassmen, things like their band lockers, sheet music, silly things that have been handed down from one class to the next. It's really neat actually

My DD tried out for field commander....

and she got it!

^^^^^ My DD with the card that had her name for field commander, and the practice gloves that she was willed by the outgoing field commander. She is the 9th field commander to use those practice gloves. Yes they are clean, they just aren't white any more :)

^^ the outgoing field commander, and the new field commander. She's so tiny! It's a good thing the commander stands on a platform to direct otherwise they wouldn't be able to see her!

It's going to be a very busy senior year for her, and I don't think I could be more proud of her!

by on May. 22, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Congrats.

Saharra
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Congrats! How fun!!
HeathersRich
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM
That's Wonderful, Congratulations to her !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chirinos
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Congrats!!!!
Marz31
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 11:12 AM

That's so cool. They're called band nerds, but as someone who continued and studied music in college, we're far from nerds in the end....Congrats to her!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)