Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do you have a landline?

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:23 PM
  • 52 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you have a landline?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 85

View Results

We've only had cell phones for the last 8 yrs, or so. I'm thinking of getting a landline, for the younger kids to have for an emergency. My oldest has a cell (cheap track phone), that he rarely remembers to charge :/
by on May. 22, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Angel on May. 22, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Not currently. Earlier this year I cancelled it (I had the bundle with Verizon FIOS)... but I plan on getting a Magic Jack/ landline soon.
Hkllgg
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I added a cell phone to our plan for $20 a month. I figured that was less than what a landline would cost, and the younger ones can take it with on sleepovers, in case of emergency. (By youngrr I mean 12 and 9)
OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 9:37 PM
No, we've always had our cellphones.
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on May. 22, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. We never got rid of ours. It's bundled with our cable and internet so it would cost more if we got rid of it and had to pay for cable and internet separately. Not only that but that's the number we give to people that we really don't want to have our number (stores and stuff). We almost never answer it. 

angelicav12
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 9:41 PM

No,my fiancee and I have cell phones now

Hafsa1
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 9:42 PM
We just canceled our landline a few weeks ago. There was no point in keeping it, we hadn't used it in months, waste of money for us. we will probably get it back when ds is old enough to be home alone.
anotherandree
by Inga on May. 22, 2013 at 9:44 PM

This is our problem too.

Quoting 12yrmama:

We've only had cell phones for the last 8 yrs, or so. I'm thinking of getting a landline, for the younger kids to have for an emergency. My oldest has a cell (cheap track phone), that he rarely remembers to charge :/

biomom1437
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 9:51 PM

yes and i also have a cell.  i love my landline because i don't get very much service on my cell in my apartment.  i have to go outside to get enough service to call anyone but i can text in my apartment go figure

KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on May. 22, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Yep. I use it more than my cell.

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on May. 22, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Yes cell reception is spotty at best out here and I hate using my cell
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)