Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calling all experts on bug bites!!

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:17 AM
  • 3 Replies

But my dd has a bug bite on her arm and it's red, swollen, hot to the touch, and hard.  It's around 2 inches in diameter and the center is about an inch around and that's the hard part. 
I don't want to do my normal freak out, run to the doctor and panic, but I don't want to just sit here and do nothing.  She isn't running a fever, she is as calm as normal.  Her tummy doesn't hurt, she's not light headed, there's no puss, there would be no reason to call the doctor except that her arm is swollen and it's hot and hard.  I do have a tendency to panic over nothing, or at least that's what my husband says...I like to see it as being cautious, maybe overly, but cautious none the less.
When would your worry? I am not looking up anything online because then we would be in the nearest ER with some wierd ailment wink mini

toddler boyCameron bouncing momTrev & Gracie kissing dad

by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
TxMom2324
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Mobile Photo

TxMom2324
by on May. 24, 2013 at 1:24 AM
The bug circle us how far our the redness goes, 2 inches, the smaller one is the hard part, around 1 inch
Saharra
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 5:49 AM
Bandage it with a neosporin/benedryl cream mix. If you don't have benedryl cream, use liquid benedryl by mouth. Watch it for the next two days. If it get worse, bring her in. If not, just let it go. My little guys get these all the time. The no-see-ums do this and then blister after a couple days on my boys. It's scary when it's near the neck, but you've got a good spot to watch it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)