Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i feel terrible :(

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:10 AM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
My son had an eye doctors appointment today 40 miles away. It went great by the way. His eyes are showing a ton of improvement beyond what they had hoped for which was great news. I hate wasting that much gas just on one stop so I decided to go see my grandma before taking the kids to the zoo.
nobody came to the door at first which I thought was odd because the garage was open and both cars were in it. Eventually my grandma's husband came to the door.
My grandma was thrilled to see us. She apologized for not answering the door saying "I saw a red shirt and could tell it was a kid. Nobody ever comes to see me so I thought it was just some kid selling something."
I feel terrible. My poor grandma! I have to make this better. The problem is usually I'm homeschooling while running a million errands when we go down there. I try not to make the drive too often. It takes all of my energy to keep ds in line and from becoming overstimulated. I don't have the couple of hours to sit and visit!
Would it be strange to invite her to run errands with us next time?
by on May. 24, 2013 at 3:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessica1078
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 3:20 AM
1 mom liked this
she may take you up on that offer- it wouldn't hurt to ask. I would ask my grandma if she was still here.
mumamy
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I would ask her. When I lived in the same state I would make the time to see my grandparents every 7-14 days, my kids got so much out of it and my grandparents loved it.

Its.Me.Mama
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

my grandmother loves to run errands with us... Sometimes she gets tired and says I will wait in the car and I feel terrible but she says she enjoys people watching... My mom told me that my grandmother looks so forward to being able to get out and do stuff with us, and that she hopes I wouldnt stop asking because sometimes she wants to wait in the car.

mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Sure,it can't hurt to ask.

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM

why not ?  Maybe she'll enjoy getting out of the house, spending time with you and the kids.  The worst she can say is no!

carakitty
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I honestly believe grandparents don't care what they are doing with the grandkids, as long as they are together! =)

Best wishes for figuring out what will work best!

Pukalani79
by Kris on May. 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I don't think it would be strange at all.  She might take you up on it - especially if you explain why

crysiann
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Yes, ask her, I wish I would have done that with my grandma when she was still here. I make it a point to call my grandma who is still alive often. She lives 4 hours away. I dont see her as often as I would like, but, I do what I can. She would probably love to go out on errands with you.

MomBabe5
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Honestly I will say this as kind,y as possible make the time.  Coming from someone who has not grandparents alive. Life is too short. Slow down and enjoy your family and realize how lucky you are for them to even be alive still! 

Knightquester
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM

My childrens grandma flew into town this week to stay for a couple of days.  I dragged her along with us to the children's co-op field trip since it had been pre-planned for over a month.  She loved it and didn't mind running around with us while we were getting things done.  As she put it later it was nice visiting the kids.

As people have already mentioned, it doesn't hurt to ask, and then follow up with letting her know you won't be hurt if she can't but thought it'd be nice to visit with her longer.  That way she knows you can't sit and visit, but you can visit as you go while getting other things done.  The nice thing about grandma's, is they are moms that have been there and done what we're doing, so they know what it's like to juggle multiple things at once and not be able to sit and visit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)