Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugly

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM
  • 15 Replies
I don't like my face. My insecurities affect my relationship with my daughter. I don't give my full attention to her. I feel people are laughing when they see me. I don't know why I'm feeling this way. My husband never compliment me, never get jealous ,..
by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moof4boys
by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:59 PM
2 moms liked this
I am sure you are beautiful. Media and the social way of the world has a lot to answer too. I often feel this way and I try to do something for myself like last week I plucked my eyebrows ouchy! But now I feel different when I see myself. I of course have things I can't change about my face scars moles etc i just have to not look at these somedays
mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 25, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I think if you are that insecure and unhappy with how you look on the outside that it's affecting you as a mom, it may be worth it to talk to a counsellor/therapist. Good luck and know that there is no shame in seeking help.

kitty8199
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Go get a makeover. That should help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyresh
by on May. 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM
I should. Try your advice. I guess I need to talk to somebody about my problem.

lyresh
by on May. 25, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I just wandering other moms doesn't,t care whatever they look like. How I wish I will be the same as them.
nurse1997
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:17 PM

YOUR CUTE STOP ALREADY ;] 

mumamy
by on May. 26, 2013 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I felt the same as you. My husband always told me I was attractive, beautiful, etc but I never felt it.
We had a little girl and I still didnt feel it but as she grew I would tell her she was stunning and how pretty she was (she was/is incredibly pretty), etc and I intentionally stopped putting myself down, making negative comments and checking my flaws in the mirrors as I didnt want to have her learning bad self image problems.
Over time I found myself prettier and I can honestly say I'm not the pretiest out there but I do love myself now and can find myself attractive in different ways. Now when I doll myself up I think I look very nice. I even have weeks where I will leave the house without make up on (which a handful of years ago I swore Id never be able to do).

story0702
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 7:18 AM
This

Quoting mumsy2three:

I think if you are that insecure and unhappy with how you look on the outside that it's affecting you as a mom, it may be worth it to talk to a counsellor/therapist. Good luck and know that there is no shame in seeking help.

lyresh
by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Omg we are the same. But I still cannot go out without make up. IT is like my mask to cover my flaws. I have a daughter too and I keep on telling her that she is beautiful because I don't want her to experience what I'm experiencing right now. I hope I can overcome this just like what you did. Good thing for u your husband compliment u but for my case, he never did.
sdgd21
by Diana on May. 27, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Quoting mumsy2three:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)