Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do in my situation?

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:28 AM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Options:

Keep trying until year's end

Be happy with the 2

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 19

View Results

You just turned 35, have 2 beautiful daughters and have suffered at least 2 miscarriages in your attempts to have your third and final baby with the last one a result of a chromosomal defect they said is unlikely would happen again.  You do not feel your family is complete just yet. 

Do you keep trying until the year is up or do you figure your body has already told you that enough is enough? 

by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I'm sorry, I have no advice for you. My two children were unplanned (but still loved) and I can honestly say I have never felt the urge to have children. 

VintageWife
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 12:33 AM
I chose other because I would keep trying till I had another.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thunderbug75
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Why are you only tring til the end of the year?  the time constraint may be putting unneeded stress on you.

dfournier0922
by Member on May. 31, 2013 at 7:31 AM
We want a third as well. We have lost our first attempt. We have decided we could only go through this one more time. It's too hard on everyone. If we lose another baby we will look at adoption.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nurse1997
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Let it happen natural dont try but dont try not to let it happen either your putting way to much sress on your self !

Karen_29
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:23 AM

If i felt like my family was not complete I would keep trying. I have never been through what you have but my mom did..several miscarriages and a baby that died at 8 days old before she had me. If she had listened to the dr's i would not be here.

zumbafreak11
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Could you adopt a third? My doctor told me that if Iwant a second I have to adopt or be happy having an only. I don't feel like my life is complete with just one and don't know if my state allows single parent adoptions.
AutumnWynd
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I would say let it happen naturally with no time constraints. The stress of trying so much sometimes stops our bodies from doing what it can do naturally. Just let go and let it happen. You might be surprised...

Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I personally do not believe in forcing nature and I listen to my body (so to answer your question, I would be happy with what I got and leave it at that) .  But it's you, your body, you do whatever you want/feel. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)