Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your kids have a close relationship with their grandparents?

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:08 AM
  • 70 Replies

Do your kids have a close relationship with their grandparents?

grandma grandpa

by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 7:09 AM

My kids see my parents almost every day and are really close to them. They see my inlaws once or twice a month and have a close bond with them too.

stepperbepper
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Yup...they love em to pieces!!!
zadesmom1998
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:11 AM
Yup. Ds 15 is especially close to my mom who is a better grandma than she ever was a mom.
Thunderbug75
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:14 AM

No,my DS has no relationship with his grandparents.  Actually, he has never met any of his three living G-parents.  BF's parents live in AZ and wished us well on Facebook when he was born.  G-ma also sent me a turquoise necklace for a baby gift.  My Mom lives in NM and has not even aknowledged  her first born grandchild.

But my Mom's sister has stepped up and is acting like a Grandma.  After all she almost raised me so that makes her a G-ma!!!!

SlightlyPerfect
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:21 AM

OMG yes. Even closer now that my mom is dying.

slightlyperfect

zumbafreak11
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Yes. My mom has literally been there for my daughter since she was born 8 years ago. She's at our house every day unless she or we are sick or if she's visiting my brother and SIL. My daughter doesn't get to see my dad a lot because he has a lot of health problems, but when she does it's a good visit. She sees her other grandmother when her father has visitation and he doesn't always exercise his visitation, but my daughter usually sees her once a week at least and sometimes 3 times a week if he comes for his weekend visitation every other weekend. My ex's father died before my daughter was born.
WandaSue
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:15 AM

My boys love their grandparents! They are really close to my MIL

eightsnotenough
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this

my mom lives 1 and a half hours away. She tries to see my kids when she can. There are times she'll come up and stay a couple of nights. Then the bonding begins.  When she leaves and doesn't come back for a couple of months it's like the bonding process has to start over again. At least she gives an effort. My husbands mom and step dad, they come to our home once a year sometimes more. My MIL doesn't like children. That's why I have 6 going on 8! LOL!!!! just kidding. She really don't like kids though. 

larabear1
by on May. 31, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Both my kids LOVE my mom. My dd says grandma is her best friend! They don't really know dh's mom (Nana) because she lives in another state and we don't get to visit with her too often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nurse1997
by on May. 31, 2013 at 9:14 AM

They are pretty close when they are there but thats about it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)