Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Since when does pregnancy and early riser go hand and hand?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM
  • 9 Replies
Ever since I found out I was prengant I wake up at the crack of dawn! 6am, wide awake. This is not me!!! I am not a morning person by far. What is going on here? This is my 4th pregnancy (2 children, 1 miscarriage) and I've never experienced being an early riser. It is a little irritating to be honest! Sleep body! While you can sleep!!!! My body isnt listening to me :(.
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
CampClan
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I never had this issue. But my best friend who just had her 3rd baby is having all sorts of issues that she didn't have with her other 2!
amberstrach
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:55 AM
It really is quite different. I guess I will embrace it and get some housework done ;).

Quoting CampClan:

I never had this issue. But my best friend who just had her 3rd baby is having all sorts of issues that she didn't have with her other 2!

gmoen1977
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM

i was getting up with SO every morning around 6:30 but once home I noticed that I was up at 5 give or take and that would have been 4am from where we were to my coming home and changing time zones.  i swear I am up between 4 & 5 am every morning. i'm 6.5 weeks

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I had awful insomnia the whole time I was pregnant. It was so bad I would often sleep for only an hour a night for months on end. I ended up having to get a prescription for Ambien (it's approved for pregnancy). I've heard that this is pretty common.

amberstrach
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Wow, that is early is this normal for you? I almost always take a nap around noon so I is not that I'm not tired!

Quoting gmoen1977:

i was getting up with SO every morning around 6:30 but once home I noticed that I was up at 5 give or take and that would have been 4am from where we were to my coming home and changing time zones.  i swear I am up between 4 & 5 am every morning. i'm 6.5 weeks

gmoen1977
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Before having gone on the road with Kyle I could sleep until 8 or 9 in the morning.  but since being on the road I could nap in the morning after he left for work.  but NOW nothing.  not tired at all.  Here's the big kick in the pants, normally if I didn't get much sleep I would be a walking seizure until I got enough sleep.  I had one only after being up 22 hours the other night and it was small ad I was up 5 hours later.

amberstrach
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Aww. Not sleeping at all sounds horrible!!! I've read insomnia affects some pregnancies. That must be really frustrating.

Quoting gmoen1977:

Before having gone on the road with Kyle I could sleep until 8 or 9 in the morning.  but since being on the road I could nap in the morning after he left for work.  but NOW nothing.  not tired at all.  Here's the big kick in the pants, normally if I didn't get much sleep I would be a walking seizure until I got enough sleep.  I had one only after being up 22 hours the other night and it was small ad I was up 5 hours later.

gmoen1977
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

it can be expecially when I need to get sleep.  but apparently I am ok with little sleep these days.  Does help when I hit the road to drive long distances since I am up with the roosters I don't get the traffic.  but in the end I'll take it because this is a miracle I was given

amberstrach
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I fully agree with you!!! I will put up with anything as long as my babers is okay ;). 

Quoting gmoen1977:

it can be expecially when I need to get sleep.  but apparently I am ok with little sleep these days.  Does help when I hit the road to drive long distances since I am up with the roosters I don't get the traffic.  but in the end I'll take it because this is a miracle I was given

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)