Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Started house shopping

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:59 AM
  • 12 Replies

Started house shopping yesterday,I currently own a 3 bedroom one bathroom house running out of room.It is time to upgrade,I have owned this house for 5 years and paid off.Looked at a couple yesterday,one was a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom.I did not like the kitchen and my fiance agreed.The other one was the same,renovated recently and did not like the kitchen either,too cramped.Luckily there is one two blocks away  from me,a family is selling it with help with a realitor.Their parents went in a nursing home last month and don't need this house.It has been fully renovated.Get to see this one this afternoon,a 4 bedroom,3 bathroom.One is a master bathroom.It also has a 50x60 Garage as my workshop and a 40x60 storage garage I can store my cars in, I liked hearing about this.I may sell my current house or rent it out,going to talk to a friend of mine that does have a rental house he rents out  for advice.Have set a budget,$195,000.00 to $275,000.00.

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Good luck!

lalasmama2007
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Good luck with your search!

angelicav12
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Appointment is at 3:00 PM to see this one.My cousin Ben said he wants to buy my current house,perfect for him and his 10 year old son/my nephew Ben Jr. if I decide to sell it.

angelicav12
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Took a tour and all that came out of our mouths is "Love it".I liked the kitchen and master bathroom including master bedroom.Has a basement too,unfinished which we wanted.My fiancee Jason wants a man room of his he always wanted to build and I want a gun room for my guns which will be in my gun safes I have.Loved the back deck and back yard,perfect for having family and friends over for a cook over or a party.I seen the workshop garage,my eyes just lit right up and my fiancee saw I loved it including the storage garage.The realitor was a pro at it and on the money,he mentioned a 5th bedroom which was left out.We talked and put an offer down,the family wants $245,000.00 and we put a $244,000.00 offer down.Hopefully get a call tommorrow or Tuesday saying it is ours.This house has what we wanted and knew it on the spot.Looked a couple Friday night too,one had foundation problems and knew that was a red flag.The other was a fire hazard waiting to happen,electrical needed replacing.

DragonInfinity
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:34 PM
If you like/love it, HOPE YOU GET IT!!!!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safety in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!!!"

angelicav12
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:51 PM

The family,the couple's 4 sons were glad to hear our reaction.Their was another couple looking at,nothing but complaints.My kids were with us too,nice sized bedrooms which they liked.

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Good luck! We live in a 3 bedroom 1 bathroom that we are growing out of as well, only ours is a family owned home that we pay no rent on so it's kind of hard to leave that. 

If my husband gets the job opportunity that he's hoping for in about a year we will be able to purchase land and a home and we already know exactly what we want. It's just we have to be able to afford it first. 

momtomy7kids
by Michelle on Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Good Luck. We just bought our new house in April and we're settling in very nicely.

Michelle
Mom to 5 boys and 3 girls with #8 on the way
Emily, Jordan, Sara, Jason, Aiden, Chloe, Nick and Cody EDD 7-29-13

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Good luck! Hope you get good news tomorrow :)

angelicav12
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Got the call this morning,it is ours and took our offer.I was surprised it was this quick.Sign the papers and hand the money over  on Thursday.Next weekend,start the moving process.I decided to rent out my current house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)