Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad feeling

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am getting this bad feeling about my father, he is Alzheimer's (he is 52) and last week he had to be taken to the ER for his anger issues and then he was admitted to the physic ward of the hospital then on yesterday my aunt's told me that he is not doing well, he is not eating or sleeping and when they (the nurses) take him to the bathroom he doesn't know what to do. I am just afraid that he is not going to be with us much longer, I know he is ill and with Alzheimer's no one survives but it just makes me sad 

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
HeathersRich
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:30 PM

:( So sorry. Do you live in the area so you can at least spend some time with him ? 

Karen_29
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 9:14 AM

My grandfather had it and it was very sad to see a strong man who I was his life and only granddaughter go to not knowing who I was. In his more coherent moments he would call me my mom. He had it for 5 years before he died of pneumonia.Most people die from something like that instead of the disease itself. It is very hard to watch. On the other hand there are medicines now to slow it down. My step dad and mom came to visit me on christmas,he had been diagnosed in july and he barely knew who I was. Dr put him on a new med for the disease and he knows everyone,and most things. He is doing much better. It is a very heartbreaking thing for everyone involoved.

countrymomma81
by Ruby Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I'm sorry you are dealing with that. I haven't had any experience with that, but then again my grandparents all passed away early with the exception of my grandma. 

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:48 AM

:(  Praying for you and your family

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 12:19 PM

That's so sad, especially since he's so young. Try having him see a neurologist.

Jinxed8
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Very sorry for what you are going through, 52 is very young to be affected that deeply by Alhzeimers' Disease.

MrsLuciano02
by Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Kinda he is in a locked ward at the hospital and it is 45 min to an hour away

Quoting HeathersRich:

:( So sorry. Do you live in the area so you can at least spend some time with him ? 

MrsLuciano02
by Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 5:06 PM

he has one and seen two, the one who diagnosed him was neuropychologist

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

That's so sad, especially since he's so young. Try having him see a neurologist.

MrsLuciano02
by Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Thank you

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

:(  Praying for you and your family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)