Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tears

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 2:34 PM
  • 19 Replies

Hello every one my name is Lina this is my first post in this group, I  need some advice so I decided to post over here since most of the moms here has a lot of experience with kids.

Here is my issue I have a 5.5 years old son he is a very active boy he is smart and a little stubborn but his biggest issue is that he cries a lot for any reason, for example the other day I went to pick him up from the summer camp he was holding a ball a girl approached him and snatched the ball from his hand he walked away and started crying I explained over and over that he should have told her this is not a nice behavior and that she should have asked for the ball but he wont listen I tried to make him go back to tell her that he thinks she need to play more nicely ( instead of his "she is mean to me" sentence) but when we approached her he did not say a word and this is one example so my point is he cries a lot and I see kids looking at him when he does and I keep thinking if he does not change his way of expressing his feelings he will get a lot of trouble at school and may even be bullied.

Does any one has any suggestion about this I am not sure how to react to this and how to help him express himself better.

by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xoxRachelxox
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 3:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Some kids are just more emotional than others. It seems like he's just sensitive. I wouldn't say that's a bad thing though. 

I would just tell him, it will be easier for people to understand how he's feeling if he tells them, instead of crying. 

It's hard though, because it's how he's feeling and he really should be allowed to feel how he feels. 

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 3:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Rachel said it really well.  That's what I was going to say as well

xoxRachelxox
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Hey lady! lol

Quoting Jinxed8:

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Hey  :D , didn't realize you came on here too - I don't think I"ve ever seen you post here before !!

Quoting xoxRachelxox:

Hey lady! lol

Quoting Jinxed8:

xoxRachelxox
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I was in here a while ago but left. I decided to join again. 

Quoting Jinxed8:

Hey  :D , didn't realize you came on here too - I don't think I"ve ever seen you post here before !!

Quoting xoxRachelxox:

Hey lady! lol

Quoting Jinxed8:

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

yay !!  I'm on here pretty much every day,  more lately since it's slowed down al lot on FA

Quoting xoxRachelxox:

I was in here a while ago but left. I decided to join again. 

Quoting Jinxed8:

Quoting xoxRachelxox:

Hey lady! lol

Quoting Jinxed8:

Bahamamama536
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I have a niece who seems to cry for everythng too.  I think that some kids are just different, some more sensitive than others and guess what there is nothing wrong with that.  I think sometimes too, these kids need a lot of our attention, conversation and love.  They are after all only children, and it is really up to us to nurture, guide and be patient with them.  SO he cries, ti could be worse right?  Well, we love our niece, at times we are stern (depending on the situation) and we say, "Now sweetheart, there is no need to cry!  Wipe those tears up now!" Other times we hug and kiss her up.  Take it one day, one step at a time.  I am a grown-hip woman and if you shout at me too loud, I cry!  I am now learning to control my emotions, kids don't quite have that level of maturity yet, so we must be patient and guide them effectively!

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I tell my kids that tears and crying is how babies express themselves and that they are older and need to use words so that I can understand them. 

linaS.83
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:03 PM
I do that most of the times but still he cries a lot I guess my main question is how to help him to express his feelings in a better way
Quoting countrymomma81:

I tell my kids that tears and crying is how babies express themselves and that they are older and need to use words so that I can understand them. 

anotherandree
by Inga on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:06 PM

My 5, almost 6, year old is going through a crying phase too.  We think he is hitting a growth spurt because he is also eating everything he can get his grubby hands on and sleeping every chance he gets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)