Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

As a mom...do you dress the same as you did before having kids?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 2:47 PM
  • 184 Replies
2 moms liked this

I am a SAHM to my two boys...one being a baby. I get up every morning, take a shower, fix my hair and put on makeup. But I always wear a t-shirt and athletic shorts because I need to be comfortable so that I can chase my preschooler. I also wear t-shirts and shorts because I don't want to wear my "good" clothes because I tend to get messy taking care of my baby.

My mom keeps telling me that I need to dress better. I told her that once my baby is not as messy, I'll go back to dressing nicer. But for now, I am okay with the way that I dress. I still fix my hair, put on makeup and perfume, so I'm not just letting myself go.

But it got me wondering, how many moms still dress the same as before they had kids. I know some who do, but most of the moms I know, are definitely more relaxed in clothing style and prefer comfort over looks.

Would you say that you dress the same as before you had kids or has your clothing style changed since becoming a mom?

by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I dress pretty much the same as I always have.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

xoxRachelxox
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 3:19 PM
11 moms liked this

I dress the same which has always been jeans and shirt/t-shirts. I would rather be comfortable. I save the dressing up for going to weddings or parties. 

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I dress the same as well - I'm very much a jeans,  fitted T-shirt and high heel boots girl.  I do my hair and make up every morning, I still get my nails manicured. That goes for before I was a mom, when I was a stay at home mom and now (DD is 9) When I'm at home on the weekend however I'm a cami and yoga pants junky. 

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 5:23 PM

I dress the same.

sarah824
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I would say similar except that I wear jeans way more now. I worked in an office that didn't allow jeans before I had kids. Once I had the kids and stayed home I switched to jeans and now I work wear I can wear them. No more khakis for me! :-)

KRIZZ25
i love my black men ,my rocker dudes but the only ones the love me back are babies ,old mean ..can we meet in the middle .
Today at 5:20 PM
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 5:43 PM
NO...I,M 100 OVER WAIT SO NO..I DONT DRESS UP ONLY FOR DATES AND STUFF ..NO MAKE UP ..
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep, t-shirt and jeans. I never was one to dress up or put on makeup. 

Kellileanne
by Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Yep, still a jeans and tshirt girl.

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 6:34 PM
4 moms liked this

ha ha ha, No. I ruined a lot of clothes at first. Now I wear a much more relaxed wardrobe. 

Although, I think I've gone a step too far with it now. Since now when I wear what I used to consider normal clothes it's a big deal like I'm really getting dressed up. Pitiful. 

moniagee
by Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Sounds exactly like me, lol.

Quoting Jinxed8:

I dress the same as well - I'm very much a jeans,  fitted T-shirt and high heel boots girl.  I do my hair and make up every morning, I still get my nails manicured. That goes for before I was a mom, when I was a stay at home mom and now (DD is 9) When I'm at home on the weekend however I'm a cami and yoga pants junky. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)