Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

As a mom...do you dress the same as you did before having kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am a SAHM to my two boys...one being a baby. I get up every morning, take a shower, fix my hair and put on makeup. But I always wear a t-shirt and athletic shorts because I need to be comfortable so that I can chase my preschooler. I also wear t-shirts and shorts because I don't want to wear my "good" clothes because I tend to get messy taking care of my baby.

My mom keeps telling me that I need to dress better. I told her that once my baby is not as messy, I'll go back to dressing nicer. But for now, I am okay with the way that I dress. I still fix my hair, put on makeup and perfume, so I'm not just letting myself go.

But it got me wondering, how many moms still dress the same as before they had kids. I know some who do, but most of the moms I know, are definitely more relaxed in clothing style and prefer comfort over looks.

Would you say that you dress the same as before you had kids or has your clothing style changed since becoming a mom?

by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Replies (41-50):
SlightlyPerfect
It's here...
Today at 9:19 AM
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I dress the same as I did before I had a child. I think the first year was more casual, but every day is a t-shirt and jeans day. Always make-up. Always showered. Always presentable.

slightlyperfect

soymujer
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:07 PM

The only time I dress nice is when I go to work or church.  Otherwise, it's comfortable shorts/pants and a tshirt.  I don't do my makeup unless I'm going to work or church or date night, otherwise I go all natural.

sdgd21
by Diana on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:02 PM
It changed, mostly because I'm older.
Glitchtastic
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Nah. I use to be a total metal head/goth chick. I've significantly toned it down. 

rachellaree20
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Money's super tight right now for me with a 3 week old so I dress the same as I always did since I can't afford to buy new clothes.  Pre-pregnancy i dressed super casual and now it's the same, I just have to change clothes more often since baby spits up on me a lot!

enlightened_24
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM

At home I never dress like I used to but anytime I am leaving the house I do. I never wore skimpy clothes or anything trashy so its usually an issue of effort on my behalf LOL Sometimes its easier to wear comfy clothes and throw your hair in a ponytail when you are trying to keep up with a one yr old ;) I dont think there is anything wrong with not wanting to wear satin and lace while changing poop and dodging spit up!

teeloffel
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh hell no. I was a single party girl before I got married and had DD.  I think I dressed fine for where I was in life then, but now.. no way. :) 

I still try to dress nice, but not as nice as I did when I worked on Wall Street (for obvious reasons), and not as... edgy as I did before DH and DD came along. :) 

jessi2girls
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:33 AM

I don't dress the same as I did before children.. I tend to dress a bit more modestly now.. , but I don't dress in tshirts outside of the house. 

lilmama31781
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:39 AM
I still wear my goth clothes and im 32 @ have 3 kids and a boyfriend
Britty1987
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Pretty much. I've always been a jeans and t shirt girl :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)