Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

New to the site!

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:01 AM
  • 15 Replies

Hi everyone, I'm Jenn. I'm new to the site. I just turn 30 in Dec. I'm married to my hubby for 8yrs and we been together 14yrs this August. We 2 kids together a 10yr old son Jon and 2yr old daugther Autumn

Now for a year plus we been raising my hubby's cousin 4 kids. Which is a 12yrs old Alexia, the twins are 9yrs old will be 10yrs old next month Jarred and Joni, last but not least is 2yr old Summer. 

My hubby's cousin left them with us out of the blue two christmas ago, it was a crazy time. To this day no one in the family has be able to find her. We had sighting of area where she could be but nothing and we think she's call the house but hangs up or doesn't talk. They father wanted nothing to with them and gave us custody with out even seeing them(made me sick to my stomach cuz he left them to be with another woman a his two kids with her). My hubby's uncle and the cousin father is in his early 60 so he couldn't handle them, but he helps with cash/gift cards even tho we say no, lol I'll find enveolpes in my pruse or in my jacket pocket a day or two after he visit. She has two youger brothers but one is just finishing college and the other is just married, not sure if they having kids stage of life. My mom and mom in law thinks its to much for us more me, but sooner or later they come around. 

The kids are great, we have are good days and bad days just like everyone else. It's always fun in our house.

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BethsB
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Welcome!!

you and your husband are simply amazing. As well as your kids!! So thankful there are people in the world like you. I wouldnt think twice about it either, if someone left their kids with me.

Kudos to you my friend!!

ps you will love it here! So much fun!

HockeyDanceMom
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:22 AM

welcome to cafemom

Wife to Jason (07/10/98), Step Mom to Lucas Robert (07/12/96). Mommy to Michael James (03/21/00), Madalyn Rose (02/27/03), Emily Grace (01/07/05), Daniel Joseph (01/04/06) & Christopher Thomas (03/21/11).

Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Hello and welcome!

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Hello and welcome!

natural_s
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Welcome Jenn to the group. My name is Shaquanna and my husband and I have four kids ( 15, 13, 6, & 2) and are expecting our fifth in September.

I think that is so wonderful of you and your husband to open up your home in respect to keep the family together. So many families would have not even considered to do that. It sounds like you guys have a wonderful time together.

I hope you enjoy your time on cafemom and it's good to know that their are people out there that care about keeping the family together.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Welcome to the group~

Musicknot07
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Thanks everyone! 

I'll be online when I can, in wee hours of the morning after hubby goes to work and none of the kids are up. Or during lunch time when I check my emails and Facebook update. Other that I'm cleaning or doing wash and plying with te kiddos.

Monday was the older kids last day of school so I'm letting them all hang out around the as lazy bums then next week it's crafts and activies. Cuz if not the boys(10,9 but act like 20 college bums) will play Xbox all day. The litle girls are 2 so they run around house playing and they gave up napping a few months ago..lol. Joni is 9yrs old and for the most part she the middle child she too girly for the boys to hang out with and she to young for her 12yr old sis to hang out with all the time. Alexia is a 12 yr old she great helper, she loves to read and would stay lost in books all day which is fine. She the most messed up with what happen so I give lead way to her. We are very lucky that all the kids treat each other as brothers and sisters. 

:) thanks again 

Jenn

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:10 PM

welcome

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

LauraS2337
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Welcome to the site!  I love it here.  You will definitely see drama, as with any scenario where a bunch of women get together, but it truly is a great place for moms :)

You have definitely got your hands full!!  Such a sad situation - but kudos to you & your husband for stepping up and realizing that the children need a stable home.  That speaks volumes, in my book. 

2curly
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Welcome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)