Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I can't BELIEVE the nerve of some people!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:38 AM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

WOW!!! We donated $40 we didnt have to someone on wishuponahero who has had MULTIPLE wishes over the last year, ALL of them granted. We are saving for our OWN surgery and trying to help others in the midst. Apparently, something went wrong and here is the email he sent me. I LOST it.

***I contacted wishuponahero myself and they said your payment was declined thats what happend. Are you a scammeror something because that's what its starting to look alot like. please message me back when you get this thank you

My reply to his IGNORANT message. WTH is wrong with people?!

Excuse me??? No, we live in Colorado, dead center where all the fires are and my friends husband has Stage 4 Esophageal Cancer that has metasticized to his lungs. There is a FB page for them, not that I feel I need to explain myself to you. We saw that you have MULTIPLE wishes on the site and figured we would help you. Apparently, we didnt do it right or have the funds in there so I was waiting until this Thursday to do it on Payday. Now, you can find someone else to donate to you. Im saving for a surgery after the DEATH of my children and trying to help you and you have the NERVE to talk to me like that!! How dare you!

We also posted ALL over Facebook, our pages and on our Google plus looking for people in your area to help you. I still have copies of those posts to prove it. If ANYONE is a scammer, it would seem to be you with your begging for money for OVER a year. You have some nerve. Just block me on here because you wont see a dime from us now.

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amanda80111
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:13 AM

that sucks u got scammed good luck for now on and sorry to here that ur kids dead

Saydar
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this

That kind of entitlement behavior turns my stomach, too. Sorry you got hit like that.

whoodathunk
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I gave up on WishUponAHero when I met a few of the beggars on the site.  Many of them had way more than I do and were still asking for more.  I'm sure there are some that really are in need, but it's so hard to tell the difference.  If you check all the sites like this, you'll find the same people asking for things on each site.  It's quite frustrating!  I finally decided that any time it doesn't feel good to help someone, it's not worth it.  It sounds like life is really giving you a struggle, maybe it's time to concentrate on your family and save helping others until you are more stable.  Good luck to you!

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

that's why I only donate to the major charities like the RedCross etc  one day this guy was asking for donations in the parking lot of the grocery store for Cancer - and I asked him exactly what his chartiy was because my friend Debbie was fighting her cancer and had very little to live on, they struggled , I asked him how his charity could help her and he couldn't asnwer me - yeah ... anybody can put a sticker on a can and pretend. Scam 101

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I got scammed on there so I don't help any more.
xoxRachelxox
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry about your children :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomOf3AngelBabe
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Wow! I just dont understand why people do these things. To clarify, we have three babies who were stillborn. After our twins were born still, we found out what the issue was and need surgery to fix it. So, we are doing fine other than that but I was SOOO irritated with his arrogance. Its REALLY sad that people cant help one another and just be nice these days. Makes me sick!!

.Peaches.
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I've never heard of this site.

MomOf3AngelBabe
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Hey hun. Its wishuponahero.com

othermom
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Wishuponahero is a great site, sadly there are some people on there that are not always nice. The person was expecting your help and then it didn't go through so I can understand them contacting you. I have been on wishuponahero since right after it started and have helped many people on there, some are really nice, some don't even let you know the item arrived, but i don't let that get me down.

It sounds like you need the money that you offered anyways, so maybe it was a good thing it didn't go through. Just don't let it get you down about the site. I have had wishes greanted on there too and it is a wonderful site.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)