Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Has anyone ever cut off their entire family ?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:13 AM
  • 16 Replies
I am going on almost 2 years now of not speaking to my siblings and only living parent left. My kids have not met the newest member of the family due to ties that I have cut because of their verbally abusive behavior towards me. The dynamics of my relationship with my siblings have dramatically changed and the ugly true colors of who we all are to each other have come out full force 5 years after the death of my mother. I am afraid there will be no reconciliation ever and if ever was a bond between all of us, it died with my mother. None of my family will talk to me even though I have tried reaching out to them. I have been shunned away by my own siblings and only living parent. Has anyone ever experience a total lost of communication with family members?
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicNcaffeine
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Yep. Tried to make peace. It failed and I went away knowing I tried. 

Yurixsi
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:27 AM
I have had to do it to. I tried to reconnect it did not work.. I do not talk to my mother or siblings. But thats life.
offrdngal
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I told my mother and sisters to fuck off...in August 2009.  I haven't regretted it.  They are toxic and I don't need or want them in my life.

MinglingMom
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:32 AM
I did with just my dad for several years. We started talking again about 8 months ago and there's still a lot of tension to be dealt with.
PinkCraftyMom
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 7:55 AM

I have not talked to any of my aunts or cuz's in 7 yrs, to much drama mama and I dont want any part of drama people, just to much stress with all that.

Byrd15
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Not mine, but we lived with my husband's father and step mom for 5 months while he was waiting for my husband to leave for Basic Training...

Worst 5 months of my life and needless to say his step mother is not allowed near our children ever again, and his father is a spineless piece of shit! :D But we dont talk to them or their family and to be honest we couldn't be happier! DH does send his dad an email now and again just to be nice.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

xixCandyxix
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I have tried to cut my adoptive family off more times than I can count. They always initiate contact. My adopted parents are 70 and 74. As horrible as it sounds, I'm waiting for them to die so I can finally be left in peace from that family. I'm  27. It's extremely violating to have them repeatedly contact me against my will.

xixCandyxix
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I also lived with inlaws while my XH was in basic. His mom was a welfare queen, had 12 people living in the house for her profit. They robbed us blind with the "rent" (I paid 75% of the rent) and they nickle and dimed us to death until we were broke. It was mostly stuff we didn't even use. We bought our own laundry detergent. She freaked out and wanted us to buy tide for all 12 people every month. She wanted me to buy half the food for the house when we bought our own food because I'm on a medical diet. Things like that. After we moved out we never spoke to them again. I blame us splitting up on them.

Quoting Byrd15:

Not mine, but we lived with my husband's father and step mom for 5 months while he was waiting for my husband to leave for Basic Training...

Worst 5 months of my life and needless to say his step mother is not allowed near our children ever again, and his father is a spineless piece of shit! :D But we dont talk to them or their family and to be honest we couldn't be happier! DH does send his dad an email now and again just to be nice.

Byrd15
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:59 AM

No the day Joe left for Basic, litterally I dropped him off went back, grabbed as much as I could for my son and I, told the bitch I wasnt coming back, and went to stay with my folks. :)

Wow I am so sorry she sounds like a nut case for sure!!! His step mom was just a back stabbing rude talking emotionaly abusive bitch... 

Quoting xixCandyxix:

I also lived with inlaws while my XH was in basic. His mom was a welfare queen, had 12 people living in the house for her profit. They robbed us blind with the "rent" (I paid 75% of the rent) and they nickle and dimed us to death until we were broke. It was mostly stuff we didn't even use. We bought our own laundry detergent. She freaked out and wanted us to buy tide for all 12 people every month. She wanted me to buy half the food for the house when we bought our own food because I'm on a medical diet. Things like that. After we moved out we never spoke to them again. I blame us splitting up on them.

Quoting Byrd15:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

whatmynameagain
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:07 AM
My entire side of family except my dad but I don't talk to him much. I had to after many attempts ti make peace and much hurt from them. I realized they were toxic and selfish and dont care for me , my dh or our kids byand actions, and worse I was closing off to everyone else bc of them. I had ti let it go though it saddens me bc there was no talking to them. I send texts bdays/ holidays but no other contact. They seem fine not knowing my kids and im a huge family person so that is not ok w me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)