Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I need a drink - Playdate from hell!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:25 PM
  • 7 Replies

So I posted about a dreaded playdate I was to have this morning. Well, they left about a half hour ago and I feel like I need a stiff drink, sream on top of my lungs or run like a crazy woman through my street or all three!

The mom is very very nice as well as the dad and the kids ARE sweet but man are they spastic! While my boys are no angels they would never come to someone's house and:

#1 Go up to the master bedroom and look for the cat then proceed to look through all the bedrooms

#2 Throw a ball delibratley at someone's face (my 5 year old. Hell, my 8 yo who hates his younger brother most days wouldn't even do that)

#3  Kick a ball into the garage door repeatedly

The mom stayed the entire time and when her kids did those things I let her handle it. After the ball went into the garage door for a second time she asked me if I wanted them to throw the ball against the garage door and I said no and suggested they kick it off the cement wall we have.

She does count to 5 to get them to stop doing things and threatens them etc.. and they even left early - thank God! You ask why I don't say anything?? Well I HATE when people discipline or tell my kids what to do  in my presence and I am not going to do the same I mean, she is sitting right there.

I wonder what she thinks of my kids. Yeah they were being kinda spastic too - feeding off of them - I KNOW my 8 yo  doesn't act that way at other people's homes b/c I have been there and I am hoping he knows better when I am not -  to behave. My kids would NEVER go through someone else's house, bounce balls at their tv (forgot about that one. That was right before we went outside b/c I told them it probably wasn't a good idea to do that in the house) My kids do sorta have the potty mouth "crap" "butt"  etc.. that I try to work on with them but they have not done any of those things.

I don't ever want my kids to be the ones someone else is talking about!

The other part that I am leaving out is that my older son may possibly have Aspergers syndrome or on the spectrum... so play for him is a little different. He doesn't want to play ball, play Monopoly (the boy brought it over), he doesn't want to play the bag toss game (she had the bags and the boards in her car and we pulled them out to play). He would rather do play in his own way which is different than most kids who arent on the spectrum (or at least that is what I'm seeing) But he seems to be alright playing when its one on one with just one kid.. I dunno.

I don't know what to do in the future b/c the girl really likes to play and she is the calmer one too. she wants us to come to her hosue next week..Id be curious to see how everyone acts. We dont do playdates with them too often.This was probably the first one since last summer....

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
nurse1997
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:58 PM

YIKES DOLL I ALWAYS HATED WHEN MY KIDS WERE LITTLE AND OITHER KIDS CAME OVER AND MESSED MY STUFF UP I FEEL FOR YOU !!!

wickedstepjenn
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Ugh! How stressful. Maybe suggest the park or some place not in your home. Makes me bonkers when my kids friends run threw the place. Makes my hyper chi's yip like nutballs lol. (But atleast they can't piffle threw my things cuz the dogs deafen them lol)
.Peaches.
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:16 PM

That kid wouldn't have made it to the first bedroom without me putting a stop to that- I don't let other people or their kids wander all through my house.

I have rules at my house, and if whomever comes over doesn't want to follow them, they can take their kids and go right on home. I don't play that mess, destroying my house then leaving me to clean it up or being so spastic they leave my nerves all shot. Nuh-uh, nope, not happenin, I have enough problems.

mommybug77
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Ok
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I sure hope you got that drink.

And I'm hoping it was stiff whiskey.

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:41 PM

We've never done playdates. My kids usually just played with their cousins or we did outside things. I'm not comfortable with hosting others in my house. 

wexfordmom
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Quoting wickedstepjenn:

Ugh! How stressful. Maybe suggest the park or some place not in your home. Makes me bonkers when my kids friends run threw the place. Makes my hyper chi's yip like nutballs lol. (But atleast they can't piffle threw my things cuz the dogs deafen them lol)

Yeah, I decided after yesterday they are not welcome in my home again. When we get together again it will be at the park.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN