Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

How often do you and your DH/SO have a date night?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:44 PM
  • 38 Replies

DH and I haven't had an official date night in over 7 months. We have our two boys, ages 5 and 1. Our biggest problem is that it's really hard to coordinate someone to watch our kids. My mom is the only one who will watch them for us and she works most weekends. The rest of our family lives out of town.

My dad and stepmom keep telling me that DH and I need to go on more dates. I think we are doing just fine but it got me thinking about how often other couples actually go on a date night. It does seem like a lot of other couples go out more than us but they also have a lot more babysitters.

So, how often do you and your DH/SO go out on a date? 

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Never.  We've had one "date" in the past 6 years!

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Usually SO and I go out once a week.  Since we just got back from vacation together and my dad isn't completely moved into his new house it may be a few weeks before we get back into the grove of going out on Saturday nights.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

daisy_deary
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Not enough! Like 3 times a year.

momwithtrouble
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Never dont have a baby sitter
wexfordmom
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Our last date night was in February. My boys are 5 & 8. The only babysitter I have is my mom and I hate to always ask her. My mil "raised 5 kids and I've made my muffins..i don't babysit" so that's that. Its OK it just makes the time we do go out special. I have a friend whose dh gets on her because they dont go out enough. He found a sitter in the neighborhood and they go out a t 3-4 times a month and take one trip alone without their daughter e very year! Must be nice.
liss05
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Monthly :)

othermom
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

every few months. We have family that would watch them more but my family works weeks, my husband weekends

KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:28 PM

We're not big on going out.

We have "our" time every evening for a few hours before bed after DD is asleep.

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Hubby and I had our first Date night last weekend on about 2 yrs. it's extremely important to do it but hard when you have no babysitter. Luckily my neighbors watched our kids for us since I always watch theirs and they go out once a month.
Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:05 PM
once a year for my work Xmas party because they rent a hotel room for every body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)