Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

My brother,twin sister Samantha and I gave our father a great Father's day gift

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:10 PM
  • 17 Replies
2 moms liked this

My brother Brody,twin sister Samantha and I gave our father a great Father's Day present,a vintage Coca Cola vending machine and he loved it.My brother,Samantha and I decided to pitch in,he always wanted one and found one from the 1950s.Needed some work and had it fully restored.My father has a room full of Coca Cola stuff in his collection and a vending machine was not in his collection yet.We did put it in the right spot,delivered it this morning covering it up.My mother was told of this,she blind folded him so he could not see it at first.

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hockey21
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:32 PM

What a nice gift for you dad!!...when I bought my house it had a old antique barber chair...I still have it not sure what to do with it, someday it might be a great gift for my husband  in the years to come. this year we went simple for Father's day...my daughter went for a run with dad ( she was in a stroller) we had a breakfast and picnic in the park  we will bbq dinner...dad is enjoying his day....his gift is 2 new golf clubs Good for you and your sister and brother!  great gift

me-n-mygirls
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:34 PM
that sounds freakin sweet!
angelicav12
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

It brought back memories too,always remembering his father giving him a dime to buy a coke as a kid.Kindly asked and his father said yes.His father is no longer around,he passed away  3 years ago.Looks like this

natural_s
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Oh that looks so cool.

Quoting angelicav12:

It brought back memories too,always remembering his father giving him a dime to buy a coke as a kid.Kindly asked and his father said yes.His father is no longer around,he passed away  3 years ago.Looks like this

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:23 PM

That is too cool!

angelicav12
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:57 PM

He remembers that one a lot and finally happy.Plus my brother gave him another Father's Day present,going to be a grandpa again and he was excited.Found out Friday his wife is pregnant with their first child.I was excited too,become an aunt again

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:08 PM

How neat!

HeathersRich
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:12 PM
What an awesome gift :) You all put a lot of thought into it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelicav12
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM

We put a lot of thought into it.He has everything else,wanted one and now has one.

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:15 PM

That's awesome! My MIL has an outside kitchen that's decorated in vintage stuff. She'd love something like that. She has an antique freezer or something like that but BIL's kids have ruined it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)