Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Are we normal (warning personal question)?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:03 AM
  • 56 Replies
We have marital relations once a week, usually on a Friday night. Is this normal? I know everyone is prob different. We have four kids hard to find us time
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Thankfully that's not true here
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:07 AM
When I was married it was every day. Now I am single, but my bf and I don't get much time alone so maybe once or twice a month right now. It sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Scribbleprints
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:38 AM

Fairly normal as far as I know.  When you have several kids there's just a lack of time.  

alaskadreams
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:50 AM
i haven't been married a year and a half and i am lucky if we get busy once a month. I hate it. he works night though and says he's tired. He has been trying more lately though. are you just in a rut?
Moof4boys
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Quoting alaskadreams:

i haven't been married a year and a half and i am lucky if we get busy once a month. I hate it. he works night though and says he's tired. He has been trying more lately though. are you just in a rut?

I don't think so, we were more active when childless though and with each child our intimacy has got less and less. I really want to make an effort to make it more often and special :-)
anotherandree
by Inga on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:18 AM

Three kids, been married nearly 11 years and we have relations about once a month lately.  It ebbs and flows.  We are on kind of a dry spell lately, but we were very amorous for awhile.  Eh, I'm not concerned.

AleaVIP
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:02 AM
5 moms liked this

Normal is relative, if you are happy with the frequency then it's all good! It's not the number of times that matters, it's the quality.

wexfordmom
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:46 AM
We are once-a-weekers too but it would be more if I didn't have an annoying autoimmune disorder called lichen planus. Its a skin condition and one of the areas it affects is my vulva - making it very sore, red and itchy after sex for a few days/sometimes a week. The skin is very fragile and cracks during sex.. its an awesome condition let me tell u ;)We would totally have way more sex if I didn't have this...
Crissy2424
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Do you mean SEX? We have sex once a week if we are lucky. We have one child, but 2 busy jobs. We usually have it when we feel like we haven't had it in awhile and need to re-connect. Sex for me has lost its spark so I can go without it for a whole month and not be bothered by it.

TableforSeven
by Judy on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Well, I know that DH and I are -not- 'normal' with this one.  We have sex almost daily - sometimes more, sometimes less.  We have 5 kids but have always made our relationship a priority and sex is one of the many ways we stay connected.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)