Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

should i be worried?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:20 PM
  • 7 Replies

Our daughter will be 4 months old this week and we've only had sex once in the last 4 months.

Should I be worried? I don't know if he's satisfying himself or not. I'm trying not to so I can enjoy it more with him. How do  we get back the spark?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Wow I don't know ... I know they recommend to wait 6 weeks after birth.  But 4 months is a little long.  It all depends as well how you are generally.  Are you way different than you were before you had your baby ?

Marimaru
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM

You need to discuss it.  Why aren't you having sex?

jennj76569
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I say pamper yourself put on something that makes you feel sexy and What the heck come onto him this may just be the spark yall need.... just an idea though.

newmom218
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:50 PM

We waited the 6 weeks for sure. It was around week 10 I think that we had sex. I know we've been tired and I've tried coming on to him and he's even showed interest and then backs off. I don't know what's going on. I mean we didn't have it every week before baby but never this long. We've been together 4 years and his labido has never been of a "typical guy who thinks about sex all the time." He would rather do things together outsidfe the bedroom. But this drought is making me crazy. And now I'm on a strong antibiotic and so now I'm nervous

jennj76569
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Well the fact that he still loves to do things outside the bedroom with you is proof, that it isnt you he needs a break from and thats awesome, but i hear you on wanting more intimacy, pull out all the stops if you need to ,dont give up even if u do gtta be more aggressive.   You could also go down the naughty route and invest in some new ways to spice up the relationship like oils and what not..... Im sure whatever way it goes you both will find the intimacy soon. I hear and know that a new baby will drain you every way possible so time may just be the key .. GOOD LUCK

TigerMomLove
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I agree with Marimaru. Lay it out there and figure out where the disconnect is. 

Quoting Marimaru:

You need to discuss it.  Why aren't you having sex?

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Some guys are still scared to hurt you, even after that long. You might need to reassure him that you are healed and given the ok by your doctor. Or he might be scared you'll get pregnant again...idk. I had a co worker who went through that once. She and her husband had been trying to get pregnant for about 4 years and they finally did. I guess fatherhood was more than he bargained for because once she had their daughter he didn't want to have sex with her for fear he'd get her pregnant again and he wasn't ready. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN