Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Summer Reading

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:32 AM
  • 7 Replies

What are you reading this summer?

How about an online book club?  A group of our friends are reading Tomatoland this summer, but we're moving so we'll miss out.  The book looks great, though, so I'm reading it and opening up an online discussion.  If you want to read with me, you can join in on the follow site or facebook:

Urban Earthworm

Urban Earthworm Facebook

I also plan to read at least one more Terry Pratchett, something by Simon Winchester (maybe Crakatoa), finish Indian in the Cupboard with my 10 year old, and I need to find some more fun fiction.  Kim Harrison, maybe.

I'm a tree-hugging, breastfeeding, non-circing, vaxing, co-sleeping/bed-sharing, ethical eating, semi-vegetarian, home-birthing, Pagan, Unitarian Universalist, pro-choice, cloth diapering, Scorpio, feminist, half-Canadian, animal activist mommy to one clever little girl (9), the cutest little boy ever born (2), two mischevious rescue mutts (fixed), and an attention starved rescue kitty (also fixed).  Married to my own personal MacGyver.

Marine. Lawyer. Mommy. Wife. 
Making Sustainability Work in Busy, Everyday Life.
Urban Earthworm

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Janeite
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I purchased The Disappearing Spoon on my Nook last night.  

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I just started reading Saving Max.

storkradio193
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:18 PM

My Dh has the Game of Thrones books and I am going to try and read them.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

DaniMommyTo4
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I just started reading Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks

arwalters
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:50 PM
I'm reading so many books right now, lol. One that I'm mostly focusing on is "the homeschool project"
coffeeNbooks
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:40 PM
I'm currently reading Moloka'i. I don't have any books lined up when I'm finished with this one... I'll look into what some of you are reading for ideas.
1boy1girlmama
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I just read The Vistira Series by E.D. Brady. Remembered, Returned and Reclaimed. I really enjoyed them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)