Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

I call BS on this one!

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:05 PM
  • 85 Replies

I had my first baby February 4. I was under the impression that my period would not come for many months. I know they say you can still have it when breast feeding but I was hoping mine would hold out for at LEAST 7 or 8 months. Nope. When I got pregnant I though YAY! No period!! But then there were other* things that I have to say were much worse. Then after having the baby there was the bleeding post-partum (which I didn't know about - where was I on that day of sex ed). Now the period - UGH! Turns out the m-fer started today. Anyone get lucky and not have theirs for a long time? 

*I seriously thank God that I have this irritating problem - when periods are irregular or absent we start to panic. I am blessed with the ability to have children and I suppose I should not complain.....

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tatertoter
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine came back to its regular schedule within 2 months of giving birth. I only breastfed and the baby never even took a bottle. Still got screwed with the period. AND - I haven't lost all the baby weight, which I was told would "Melt" off. I've been bf'ing for almost 8 months and am still 13lbs heavier than my first pre-natal appointment.

Babylove2014
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Mine camelback in less than the 6 wks it takes to heal.. I had a C-Section though... Not sure if that makes a difference. But I breast fed for 5 months...

Andreaaa81
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:13 PM

That is horrible! 
I was lucky enough to lose the weight through breastfeeding, but I was overweight to begin with so I am probably the same weight as a lot of people's pregnancy weight. Luckily I am still losing and if I diet I will be fine.

I hope your next baby gives you a better postpartum period delay! 

Quoting Tatertoter:

Mine came back to its regular schedule within 2 months of giving birth. I only breastfed and the baby never even took a bottle. Still got screwed with the period. AND - I haven't lost all the baby weight, which I was told would "Melt" off. I've been bf'ing for almost 8 months and am still 13lbs heavier than my first pre-natal appointment.

Andreaaa81
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:15 PM

How do you know it was your period and not the pp bleeding? 

I also had a c-section....

That sucks btw. 

Quoting Babylove2014:

Mine camelback in less than the 6 wks it takes to heal.. I had a C-Section though... Not sure if that makes a difference. But I breast fed for 5 months...

CotterpinDoozer
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Mine came back after 6 weeks, and has been all out of whack every since. Like no rhyme or reason, not coming at any particular time, it's very irritating.

AV made by NiamhWitch

Babylove2014
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Because it came on my normal schedule from before I was pregnant.. Also it was 7 days and came every 28 days like clockwork after that! Which was annoying!

Quoting Andreaaa81:

That sucks btw. 

Quoting Babylove2014:

Babylove2014
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:20 PM

It's annoying right? I only gained 18 lbs pregnant with my daughter, I lost all but 5 lbs right away... Then the dr prescribed me a new birth control and boom all the weight came back in less than 6 months of taking it! I'm 9-13 wks( haven't gotten an uktrasound yet, so not sure how ar due to my messed up period) pregnant with my 2nd and weigh the exact same amount as I did when I had my daughter! I hope to God I don't gain much or I will never get rid of this!

Quoting Tatertoter:

IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Mine came back fairly quickly, and all jacked up.  I use to have short easy period that were very consistent, now they're all over the place.  I did have a c-section though, not sure if that can affect a prior (the scaring?), and I have ovarian cysts due to being on an IUD prior to having my son.

Nerys-Kianna
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Mine didn't came back for 18 month, that's the amount on time I b-fed DS2.

Andreaaa81
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

That is so unfair. Your body has turned against you! I was talking to my sister today  and we happened to mention that now we have husbands and children and pets our bodies no longer really belong to us. Someone always wants SOMETHING. And then to have to deal with a period at the same time! 

Wah wah. I guess we just have to deal with it. 

Quoting Babylove2014:

Because it came on my normal schedule from before I was pregnant.. Also it was 7 days and came every 28 days like clockwork after that! Which was annoying!

Quoting Andreaaa81:

That sucks btw. 

Quoting Babylove2014:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)