Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Update - Hulu or Netflix

Posted by   + Show Post

Which is better?

Update

DH tried Hulu and canceled after the first week. He said he like Netflix better. I don't watch much t.v. so I don't have an opinion. As of right now we have basic cable so our girls haven't watch neither. My 7 year old seem to like it. I think we're about to get rid of cable. I hope they will survive :). We may try Amazon Prime. Thanks ladies for your help.

Have a blessed day!

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
Jamie1972
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:53 PM

We have both. I use hulu for all my shoes. I don't have cable or tv with antenna. So hulu is great I get to watch my shows, the next day. But their movies suck. Netflix is good also I can get caught up on shows, like pretty little liars, or find something new to watch. Plus their movies are better.

mrjonesii
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Thx ladies. We're thinking of getting rid of our cable. I don't watch much tv.  As long as my 7 year old have cartoons to watch she's fine. DH seem to like Netflix. We've had it for about a month. We're interested in knowing what else can be done because our two teen daughters isn't thrilled about us getting rid of cable. They like reality shows (cooking, home, weddings along w/ Disney and Nick channels)

mrjonesii
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I agree. I don't know about Amazon Prime. I will mention this to dh so we can take a look. Thx!

Quoting aj23:

Amazon Prime. If something I want isn't part of the free stuff I can easily rent it. Hulu or Netflix neither one offers much of anything I would want to watch. 

HockeyDanceMom
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:37 AM

We use Netflix

Wife to Jason (07/10/98), Step Mom to Lucas Robert (07/12/96). Mommy to Michael James (03/21/00), Madalyn Rose (02/27/03), Emily Grace (01/07/05), Daniel Joseph (01/04/06) & Christopher Thomas (03/21/11).

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:22 AM

We have Netflix. I've never used Hulu so I can't compare.

musicNcaffeine
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I use both. I pay $7.99 for netflix each month and watch the regular hulu.

awesomemommy2
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Depends which shows you watch. I would do the free trial of each and decide for yourself.
honeydewmommy
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Netflix, and they just adjusted thier rates to meet Redboxes new streaming rates. 

aj23
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Prime is also only $79 a year so it's cheaper than Netflix. If you have signed up as an Amazon Student or Amazon Mom you can get the Prime membership for $35 a year for up to 4 years. It also comes with free 2 day shipping which is the main reason I bought it to begin with. I order a lot from there so the membership paid for itself the first month I had with the savings from shipping.

Quoting mrjonesii:

I agree. I don't know about Amazon Prime. I will mention this to dh so we can take a look. Thx!

Quoting aj23:

Amazon Prime. If something I want isn't part of the free stuff I can easily rent it. Hulu or Netflix neither one offers much of anything I would want to watch. 

kyairemom1310
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Netflix is way better then Hulu I canceled my subscription with Hulu!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)