Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Absolutely floored at the audacity!

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:01 AM
  • 43 Replies

In another group, a poster asked for opinions about a topic.  Granted, this topic can be fairly contraversial, however, the group itself is usually fairly tame and supportive (I do NOT post or reply on drama filled groups).  I replied with my opinion as the original poster asked.  People in the replies are going off on MY OPINION!  

Um. where did I ask for their opinion?  I will, on occasion, reply to someone's reply and say, "I agree with this" or something along those lines, but to trash a reply, to me, is just rude!  It's like butting into a conversation that you weren't invited!

Sorry, I am just frustrated because I don't care how these particular people raise their kids but they are INSISTENT that they know how to raise mine! 

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Peaches.
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:32 AM

CM is like that- people don't know how to mind their own damn business, always wanna be up in someone else's.

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:43 AM
1 mom liked this

They do it to start drama...that's all.  I don't take the bait.  There are certain members who only respond to start trouble.

ambertreas76
by Amber on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the darkside of CM. This topic is the main reason I'm reluctant to post or reply too often. Sorry you had to experience it.
URHonor
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Just ignore it. I have misquoted at times or replied in way that upset someone. I apologize & try to clarify what I said if it came across as rude or bitchy, but I never apologize for my opinion or feelings. =]

poshkat
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to cafemom! Yesterday someone created drama in a post about nail polish.
ThatGirlShelley
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Your opinion is just that, your opinion. It should not be up to others to tell you that you are wrong for feeling a certain way. I think that people can and should state their opinion without criticizing others for theirs. I would just ignore it.

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Yeah online behavior can be fairly annoying.
AslantheLioness
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:41 AM

plenty of bored bittys on here with nothing else to do in their day till the kids and hubby get home. Don't let it get to you, they are nothing to you in your life to matter.

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Welcome to cafemom I only go in very few groups for this reason.
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:26 AM

You have all kinds on here, in the begging when I joined CM - I had a miscarriage scare - I had never had one so I posted about it and asked girls about their opinion. I was floored when a girl actually made fun of me and had some rude and misplaced comment.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)