Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Which do you prefer, your kids at school or home for summer break?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:28 AM
  • 32 Replies

Poll

Question: Which do you prefer?

Options:

At School

Home for Summer

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 26

View Results

Which do you prefer, your kids at school or home for summer break?

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:29 AM

I love having my son home for summer but so many of my moms friends are already complaining about their kids driving them crazy. They are ready for September already!

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Our routine doesn't really change in the summer.  I work full time so my dd goes to camp, the only real change is that we have to get up a little earlier and she gets home later.  But I definitely love the summer because there's no homework!  Oh wait, except for the reading project she has to do, but don't get me started on that,lol

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Home for summer break. I'm off during the summer so I get to spend more time with my boys.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:50 AM

I work during the school year and get the summer off with my kids.

JTROX
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:51 AM

I love the freedom we have during the summer.  When boys are on summer break, so am I, we are all enjoying our time off.

mysweet1s
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:56 AM
I generally prefer them home, and I love that there is no homework and we can stay out later without worrying about bedtimes (not out as in at the bar or anything, lol, out like at the little league field or out on the boat, etc.)
TableforSeven
by Judy on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:58 AM

I LOVE when my kids are around.  My girls are done with school tomorrow....my boys are done on June 30.  

Last summer was the worlds LONGEST summer-break though because the kids were done with school mid-June but didn't start this school year until mid/late October due to our move!  This summer will feel so short!  

AslantheLioness
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:13 AM

with special needs and no friends in our area, he's much better off socially to be at summer school. At home, he's just gonna sit around by himself playing video games or talking our ears off about video games.

azn_ladie82
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Though I love being able to plan our day with the kids..all the fighting is driving me nuts! I take them to the park when we can, go for walks or the lake..but they look bored when we're stuck at home. When I see them like that..I'd rather have them at school. We decided to not have them in summer sports too..they'll definitely be playing next summer. Lol!

funny_girl3
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Definitely home with me, though I only have one in school right now.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)