Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Fast food galore ...

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:43 AM
  • 14 Replies

Not good for the wallet, not good for the waist line either !!!   This week has not been a good week. 

Saturday I had a 11am appointment at the Vet with both dogs and then DD had her guitar lessons at 1h30pm - byt the time I got home, it was 12h30pm - So I bought some take out for lunch.

Monday night DD had her gymnastics show so she was too nervous to eat before, so I gave her a large snack and said she could eat dinner after (and so would we)  we went to the show, afterwards DD absolutely wanted us to drive her friend from gym home, so we obliged, then the mom started talking to me, by the time all was said and done, it was nearly 8pm.  DH said "Why don't we pick up hamburgers instead" so we did.

Tuesday night - I had a late meeting - Never did I think it was going to end this late, by the time I was going to get passed 7pm  - when I called to say that DH told me DD and him hadn't eaten yet and asked me to swing my Mc Donalds on my way home *grrrr*

Thursday night I have until 7pm to go with DD to pick out her uniforms for school next year ... so guess what's gonna happen again ??? That means I gotta go right after work, on the way back I have to stop by my parents' house which means I'll come home way late again. it'll be too late again to start cooking an intricate meal.

3 or 4  times this week, at roughly $20 every time this sucks.  Usually when it's our DD free weekend DH and I go out to eat in a nice restaurant but this week, I think we'll skip !  One positive thing ?  I won't have to do any groceries this weekend since we've barely touched any food in the house.

how many times a week do you eat out ???

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:49 AM

We usually eat out on the weekends, except during the summer months we are usually at someone's house having a bbq on the weekends, so we don't eat out as much.  During the week SO or I usually cook.  It depends on who gets home first.  Of course there are some nights during the week like tonight where my dd has to be at school for a reenactment of the civil war her class is doing.  I'll probably end up grabbing a pizza on the way home.

Oh and there are ocassions that I may forget to take something out to defrost, so we'll end up going out,lol  

We're not big on fast food, so if we do order something, it's by a local place, or we go out and grab something at one of our many favorite spots.

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:39 AM

This is the way we usually are too ... but this week has been a little chaotic.  And I hate it - I really don't like McDonalds to be honest, yesterday was frankly a last resort.  And I'm kinda pissed that DH couldn't be bothered to cook anything.  He usually does, we usually have our menu planned to the T, to the Day but this week was an epic fail !

Quoting Briesmom38:

We usually eat out on the weekends, except during the summer months we are usually at someone's house having a bbq on the weekends, so we don't eat out as much.  During the week SO or I usually cook.  It depends on who gets home first.  Of course there are some nights during the week like tonight where my dd has to be at school for a reenactment of the civil war her class is doing.  I'll probably end up grabbing a pizza on the way home.

Oh and there are ocassions that I may forget to take something out to defrost, so we'll end up going out,lol  

We're not big on fast food, so if we do order something, it's by a local place, or we go out and grab something at one of our many favorite spots.

Mari6443
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:41 AM
We eat out about twice a week. Sometimes three times, depending on our finances. If money is really tight, we cut back on that. But we do love going out to eat. We do it when we can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nurse1997
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:00 PM

My husband and I eat out every day I pick him up and we have lunch together at apple bees  durning his hour lunch break but we eat out 5 out of the 7 nights for dinner too we spend on the average 1800 dollars a month on groceries and eating out  but we both  stay in shape so no biggie !

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Eh it happens. Sometimes if it's especially hectic a few times in a week. If everything goes as planned not at all. 

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:41 PM

We eat out about twice a month or less. 

mom2priceboys
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I have been doing this a lot lately and what I then 20 minutes once home. did was get out my crockpot.  I made had teriyaki chicken one night  just making white rice and canned pineapple when I got home. Another night I made simple beef tips with gravy and served over some instand mashed potatos and steamed broccoli again, that took maybe 20 minutes when I got home.

soymujer
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Usually once a week.  Sometimes hubby and I will just go out.

mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:28 PM

We get takeout like once every 2 weeks and go out to dinner once in a blue moon.We do go out for an ice cream cone treat every sunday afternoon in the summer though. :)

JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:44 PM

If we are in the city and can't get home we might get some Chipotle.  It's the only place we can find that comes close to meeting all of our allergy needs.

Other than that if we are going to get home late I'll throw something in the crock pot or have something in the fridge I can just throw in the oven really quick.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)