Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Hubby concerned that new baby will get ALL attention

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:50 AM
  • 21 Replies

Hubby and I are expecting our first child in 2 very short months. While he has not come right our and said anything, he has implied that he has accepted the fact that Baby will get ALL of my attention.

I love my sweet husband dearly and he has been a wonderful support throughout pregnancy and he is so exctied about our new daughter's appearance so please don't think that he's playing the "pitty poor me" card.

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for this new mom how to help my hubby not feel ignored.

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pnukey
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:54 AM
3 moms liked this

The baby should get all of HIS attention too, at first. 

When you are not tending the baby, make sure you pay attention to your husband. Make sure he gets plenty of time with the baby too. When he gets pissy, remind him that the baby will grow to be more independent and he just needs to be patient until then. GL and congrats.

nurse1997
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Um hes going to feel left out its that simple he needs to get over it - Try to show him some extra love I geuss but to me this is a really  stupid post sorry  one baby is not so life changing but 2 0r 3 look out !!!

.Peaches.
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Just try to include him as much as possible- he just has to come to terms that with the new arrival, EVERYONE gets pushed out of the limelight, including mom. Its all about the baby now.

And, if you're doing it right, you'll both be too exhausted to even remember to be annoyed that he's being ignored.

vegepunkstr
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

The baby will probably get most of your attention in the begining but that will change as it gets older. Have dad help a lot so that you have more time and attention to give him. Make plans for date nights.

vegepunkstr. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

.Peaches.
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Quoting nurse1997:

Um hes going to feel left out its that simple he needs to get over it - Try to show him some extra love I geuss but to me this is a really  stupid post sorry  one baby is not so life changing but 2 0r 3 look out !!!

I know right, I seriously did not have the time, energy, or patience to put up with someone ELSE being all needy at the end of the day, pouting because it wasn't all about him. Go ahead and come in my face with that nonsense if you wanted to! lol

nurse1997
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Really your last thought is going to be him does that sound bad ya but that baby is gonna be your world the first year tell him to put his big boy panties on congrats doll !

blondie0234
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:03 PM
While yes she will get alot of attention. But you can still relax together while she sleeps (and it will be more than you think)he can get his time with her. Help with baths. Night changes. It won't be so bad. Lol I'm on the other end...SO is going to be all baby and no mama he is so excited...but its ok..I have 3 other babies to give me loves.
JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband had no issues like that. Both of our attention was on our children and each other...I have five and he's never once felt left out or ignored.
NicRue
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Thanks for all the positive comments. He's such a great husband, I know he's going to be a great dad too. He certainly isn't pouting or complaining at all, I was simply asking if anyone had any experiences.

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I'm sure once the baby is here he will be able to put it into perspective. Alos to echo pp's try to involve him as much as possible. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)