Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Still crying over hubby's vasectomy

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:09 PM
  • 35 Replies
Anyone relate?
We have 4 kids- teenage down to a 4 month old. Age was the biggest factor in choosing to have the vasectomy. We didn't want to be 65 with kids at home & we know added medical risks to babies with older parents.

I know it was the best decision for our family, yet I find myself tearing up at odd moments throughout the day.
I'm not superstitious in the slightest yet I started my period the day of the vasectomy... It felt like a sign.;p dumb I'm sure...

We have talked about adopting an older child... That cheers me up slightly.

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't relate.

I was 33 when we had DD (6) and DH was 50. He has 3 sons from his first marriage (28,25,23).

We danced a jig after his vasectomy!..lol

Hope the adoption idea works out for you!

.Peaches.
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, I can't (we're still talking about having more, and we have 3 small children), but here's a hug to make you feel better!

Foxilady
by New Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Thanks <3 hubby just told me its my hormones running rampant. O.o
JasonsMom2007
by Lisa on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry we struggle with the decision of having another or not.
momtoBrenna
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Dh had a vasectomy when our ds was a month old. Sometimes, we get sad but, both kids have medical issues of some sort, ds more severe than dd that would make a third not a good idea. Also, they are 7.5 and almost 5 now, potty trained and fairly self sufficient. We don't want to go back to the newborn stage!

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:49 AM

a vasectomy is reversible if you change your mind later.

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Why be sad about it? It's hard to think about never getting pregnant again but you have 4 beautiful healthy children that you can take care of, watch grow, walk, dances, success, graduation, Weddings, and their own children. So much to look forward to. Think about that. That's what I do and I only have 2 and always wanted 4 kids.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I'm actually surprised that my DH hasn't gotten a vasectomy because he is adamant about wanting just one child. DS is 6 and I still want one more. :(
mrs.hartman12
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I can't relate, neither of us will get any type of permenate bc, but your feelings are valid. Adoption is a great idea!

MamiJaAyla
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Well, vasectomy's are reversable (depending on the type) I guess.  But really most people I know have been pretty happy after theirs.

Also please remember he needs to check to make sure it "takes" there have been cases where it hasn't been complete. 

G.L. with the adoption idea.  I think it sound like a perfect solutions for BOTH of you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)