Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

The puppy ate my floor :(

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:28 AM
  • 9 Replies

About a week ago I posted how my "Houdini" puppy was able to get out of her crate and jump over the very high gate to be in with the big dogs.  Ever since then we've been letting her stay with the other dogs during the day while no one is home instead of putting her in the crate.  I've been afraid to put her back in there because there is a real possibility she could get hurt and of course we don't want that to happen.

Everything has been going well until this past Wednesday.  My dd had to be back at her school at 5:30 because her grade was doing a reenactment of the civil war, and she actually had a speaking part.  Plus this was a volunteer thing and all of the kids that volunteered got 10 extra credit points toward their Social Studies grade, and she definitely could use the extra points!

Since I get home at 5:30 I ran in the house, made sure things were locked up, got her and off we went.  I wasn't able to really greet or hang out with the dogs, which I think had a hand in the puppy eating part of a throw rug.  

Well yesterday my dd had a half day of school, so she was home early.  My dad came over and they hung out with the dogs for about 1/2 hour and then they headed over to his house.  Apparently that didn't sit well with the puppy so she ended up eating part of my kitchen floor.  Unfortunately it's linoleum, we are going to put tile down eventually but we've been waiting for my house to stop shifting (long story).  

Of course I was angry and I yelled, a lot,lol  We don't hit our animals for any reason.  I made sure she understood what she did was wrong, and then I put her in the crate.

Luckily we have extra flooring and it can be fixed...  It's just a pain in the butt.  

I left her out of the crate again today to be with the big dogs.  Until I can get more latches for the crate and make sure she can't get out of it, I won't risk leaving her alone in it all day.  Material things can be replaced.  I don't want any harm coming to her.  She's a puppy and we've been thru this before with the other two.  

I'll just have to wait it out before I start fixing things again,lol

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Oh, no =(

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:46 AM

oh yeah puppies can do a lot of dammage... at least it's just linolieum floor.  Rocky, my friend's boxer ate through a wall and a door frame once.   And you know that hillarious picture :

My german shepherd did that one to me  - to my custom blinds thank you very much !

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:53 AM

LOL!  Yep, when my Bernese Mtn dog was little he tried to eat his way out of the house using the wall next to my front door,lol

Quoting Jinxed8:

oh yeah puppies can do a lot of dammage... at least it's just linolieum floor.  Rocky, my friend's boxer ate through a wall and a door frame once.   And you know that hillarious picture :

My german shepherd did that one to me  - to my custom blinds thank you very much !

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM

My german shepherd ate my cell phone once ... well she chewed it to death - the teeth marks were so deep she pierced my SIM card !!!  The people at the phone store were killing over they were laughing so hard !  She also ate the electric cord off my TV (it was unplugged, thank Goodness) I was ale to have it fixed by putting a new plug end but now it's only a 3 foot cord ... How many of my good spatulas did she go through ? I've stopped counting.  DD also has a few several handicapped Barbies and murdered teddy bears LOL

Quoting Briesmom38:

LOL!  Yep, when my Bernese Mtn dog was little he tried to eat his way out of the house using the wall next to my front door,lol

Quoting Jinxed8:

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Ahhh the puppy phase,lol  That's too funny!  I have plenty of chewed on tv remotes,lol  When my hungarin kuvasz was little she ate the cord to the sound sound speaker, to this day we still hope she didn't eat the plug, but we never did find it,lol  We just recently were able to fix the molding in the kitchen due to teeth marks,lol

None of the dogs are allowed in my dd's room, her door is shut at all times because they would have a field day in there.  She has a cat door so our cat can come and go,lol   

Quoting Jinxed8:

My german shepherd ate my cell phone once ... well she chewed it to death - the teeth marks were so deep she pierced my SIM card !!!  The people at the phone store were killing over they were laughing so hard !  She also ate the electric cord off my TV (it was unplugged, thank Goodness) I was ale to have it fixed by putting a new plug end but now it's only a 3 foot cord ... How many of my good spatulas did she go through ? I've stopped counting.  DD also has a few several handicapped Barbies and murdered teddy bears LOL

Quoting Briesmom38:

Quoting Jinxed8:

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Sorry to hear that happened. :(
Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Thank you!

Quoting KylesMom409:

Sorry to hear that happened. :(

Nerys-Kianna
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Sorry about all the damage.
I am lucky, that my puppy didn't do such things, I guess I was lucky (or my 3 year old DS at this time has choosen wisely, lol).

.Peaches.
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:44 PM

I'd so rather have a cat...don't get me wrong, I love dogs too, but they just aren't as destructive as dogs! I can't tell you the things I've had chewed up and uterly destroyed from dogs....remote controls, DVD's, rugs, blankets, pillows, shoes, garbage, a BASKETBALL LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)