Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

sometimes men just don't get it.

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:29 AM
  • 7 Replies
We went to the caverns again today. It was our third trip only one local cavern left! My 9 year old niece came with us because she has never been to a cave before. My kids spent the night with sil last night and they were all up too late. They did pretty good at the caves but this one kicked my butt! The first one we went to involved walking the equivalent of a 14 story building down and back up. The second one was pretty easy. This one didn't have a lot of stairs but wow I guess the hard hats should have given it away. It was sandy so very slippery. It was a lot of downhill slopes. Narrow passageways and low rocks. I was very thankful for the hard hat after hitting my head about 10 times. No space for handrails in that cave!
Anyways we dropped off my niece and dd fell asleep in the car. Hubby stayed with the kids in the car while I ran into the grocery store. I come back out and dd is throwing one of her fits. Something like a night terror but it wakes her up eventually. We can't touch her though it just makes it worse. Great. I get in the van and look in the mirror and ds is sitting in his seat hands clasped tightly over his ears pain on his face silently crying. Of course I yell at hubby asking him why he didn't do something and he says he's just upset because he wouldn't let him play on his phone. No he has sensory processing disorder he can't handle his sister's screams!
Men just don't get it sometimes. I got ds his ear protection and it was instant relief for him. He's getting better but sometimes he still needs some help.
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
letstalk747
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:50 AM

ohhh , dont even get me started on this

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:01 AM
Sister, you're living my life!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Poor guy!  I remember your DS has SPD so as I am reading the story, I immediately think of the impact it has on your DS.  It took awhile for my DH to learn and "get" the impact it can have on our DS.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Yeah, in that situation your DH definitely didn't get it. Hugs!
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Oh dear!

SlightlyPerfect
I am so spoiled.
Yesterday at 10:46 AM
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Guys can get it. They just don't want to. And we have to stop giving them a pass.

slightlyperfect

AJ-47
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Wow..that's rough. =/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)