Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Do your kids get along with your friends kids?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM
  • 17 Replies

There is some drama forming between two of my friends and their kids. The kids always played together and got along but as they get older (9yrs old), they have been fighting a lot. You can see that it's going to get to the point where they don't want to be around each other. It's going to be kind of messy since the moms are so close.

Do your kids get along with your friends kids?

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM
For the most part
TableforSeven
by Judy on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:51 AM

My kids are the reason I met most of my friends.  Though my best friend (other than DH) has two grown children and a 6 year old.  My kids are nice to her little one....but not her age/they don't play together.

mommyneedssleep
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:53 AM
My son will occasionally play with my friends boy! They are six months apart but my son is go, go ,go And hers just prefers to sit around playing video games!
Any of my other friends kids are younger then my two so they don't play with them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marz31
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:06 AM

It's hit or miss, depends on the age. and the mood of the other children. My daughter can be a bit much, she's got a very outgoing personality, so a few friends, their kids are more introverted and my daughter is just overwhelming. 

Kara242
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:02 PM

The only friend I had I recently dumped but my kids are older and way more mature than her kids where. My kids tolerated hers just for me. Her kids were brats and dont know how to share!

countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My children are the reason I met most of my friends. Through their sports or other activities. We don't necessarily do things outside of school or sports with them though. 

breebree04
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Some they get along with, some they dont.  I try to spend time with my friend alone (without my kids) if I know our kids will fight and argue the whole time. Its miserable for the kids and for me when Im trying to catch up with a friend, especially when I dont have much time for friends as it is.

AJ-47
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:42 PM
I have an..acquaintance (long-distance) who has a son four months younger than mine. I think they'd get along great if they got to play together; unfortunately, I wouldn't want to be around her for long. She is the competitive, one-upper, drama-starting type. Sigh.
12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Kids are very 'drama' once they are school age. I think mom-friends should respect it if their kids don't get along and not drag the kids into it. Leave them with dh's or sitter.

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Yes.  One friend has older kids and her 13 year old watches my 2 year olds sometimes for me.  My other friend has a 2 year old son that adores my girls and they go to the same sitter so they are around each other alot.  My other friend has an 8 month old and my girls love to hold him and play with him.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN