Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

just wanting to make sure im in the right

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:34 PM
  • 28 Replies
Back in March my sister began living with her now husband as of today. Well I was contacted by her one day in march after he had beat her like a rag doll throwing her around and choked her and he proceeded to hit me.The cops were called etc and I went to court but since choking her was felony the state took over the case and he went to jail the day it happened but was out by the time court came. We were both subpoened to court but she didnt show because since hes been out of jail shes been with him. So today they run off to get married and everyone else in my immediate family is obviously fine with it. I am sorry I am not supporting it or them after what he done to her and me not to mention he insulted my 12 yr old mixed daughter and then her standing her ground by going to court. Now she wants to leave her small kids 4&6 with him while shes at work and I just dont think its good. I am the bad person for not coming to their "wedding" and its my fault hes on his way back to prison for a few months. I have sabotaged their lives obviously to her.I just want to know if im in the right or dhould I have went......
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Gold Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:41 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm with you. There is no way, in hell, that I would have gone to the wedding, nor would I even pretend to be supportive of the relationship.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:48 PM
You are in the right for not supporting her.
Can you stop her from leaving her kids with him?
wadeswife81
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:56 PM
3 moms liked this
I think her ex husband plans to intervene since he has full custody.
Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I would testify for her ex in a custody battle.  What an idiot.

amzbrznjz
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I would not go, but if his ass hit me, I would still goto court whether my sister was back with him or not...do not support and keep an eye on the children as well

amzbrznjz
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I think I am lost where do you see that this man is her ex?

KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Why didn't you show up for court?

I would've whether they were together or not.

Wrong is wrong.
kitty8199
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I would've told the family when she went to marry him. He possibly forced her so she couldn't testify. That whole spousal protection thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:00 AM

My behind would've been in that court room, regardless of if she showed up or not. I'm still stuck on that part- why didn't you go?

wadeswife81
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:13 AM
I did go to court. I guess I didnt make that clear. She is now blaming me for him going to jail and on his way to prison. I plan to help her ex get the paperwork he needs to get a no contact order for their kids and this retarded woman beater.my mom os obviously supporting then even though she doesnt agree.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)