Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Working Mom Melt Down!

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:41 PM
  • 13 Replies

What I wouldn't give to be able to stay home again! My house is a wreck. My kids are acting out. Home Cooked meals are few and far between =( Bills get paid late because there is no good system to make sure they are paid on time (i pay bills and balance the check book) and things just pile up. I need help, but can't afford a house keeper. I have talked to DH and he seriously doesn't get it and still, rather than just do shit, he asks me to make him a list. I barely have time to brush my teeth in the morning before waking the kids up and getting them ready for summer school... much less make him a list of things to do when he gets home from work... 2 hours before me. I just want to take the easy way out and quit so I can stay home again, but we need my income =(

Done venting. Thx for listening.

A CAMPING WE WILL GO - Do you LOVE to camp? Maybe something you've never done but would like to try? Join us for camping conversation, reviews, tips, recipes, and more!http://www.cafemom.com/group/118687

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Did I write this???

i bought a dry erase board and I have no problem giving him a list.  You want help?? he asked for a list to help you out then give it to him!!!

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:59 AM

when you cook, cook BIG meals so you can have leftovers on another day.  Designate particular days that you do particular things such as grocery shopping, running errands, vacuuming/mopping, etc.  As for bills, dont pay them when they are due, pay them before they are due and possibly build a reserve so for some bills you can have a few months without having to think about them.

momofjnlj
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:57 AM
If you really want to come home look at work from home opportunities. If you know a little about computers, purchase a finance software like quicken to help with the bills. This way once is set up, you have a checkbook and bill reminder all in one spot. Sacrifice and get up one hour earlier than normal so you can have time to make the list for your dh and make one for the kids while you're at it. But overall, it will get better. Hope you feel at least a little better now that you got it off your chest.
isaacsmommy68
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Same here! I don't do lists unless I get really mad. I tell him "you seriously do not see this mess!?" The I don't clean it. i put all his mess on his side of the bed, it gets put away. I put all the laundry, he washes and throws on the living room floor, in the hall way. After tripping over it for a few days he puts it away. I keep the living room clean and my stuff in the bedroom. I only work 4 days a week and it is still crazy!

Quoting MixedCooke:

Did I write this???

i bought a dry erase board and I have no problem giving him a list.  You want help?? he asked for a list to help you out then give it to him!!!

12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:14 AM
"Tell me what to do" WTF do you live here?! I'm also so ocd about certain things he has given up trying to help- or worse just plows thru and does it his way. When an absurdly busy day/week is coming up I will designate jobs I want him to do, things that don't have to be done 'my way' (aka RIGHT). Its crazy I feel like he is a child. I have told him 'WE already have a 13 yr old, I need another adult!' But he is good at other stuff... so take a deep breath and just make the list.
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:22 AM

I feel you 100% - on every single point you mention. 

Snook35
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:02 PM
You're definitely not alone. I've learned to ask for help. If all he needs is a list do it before you go to bed. I know he lives there and see the mess. Men are "special" at times and I don't think they can retain important things. lol.
mysweet1s
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM
I'm a lot happier when I take 2 hours on Sunday afternoon to make to do lists for DH and the kids for the week, write menus and shopping lists, pay misc bills, ect. It doesn't always happen, because I can think of a million other things to do with those 2 hours! It really helps though, and makes our family work a lot better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oscarsmom70
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I hear you and feel your overwhelm from here!!!  My boys are old enough to help out and getting them to put down the video games long enough to even see the mess is a challenge . . .

This article from the non-profit I work for actually helped me and my husband change how some things are done in our home . . . which took a TON of stress off of me.  http://bit.ly/17CECay  Hoping it offers some good tips for you too - praying for you!!

nurse1997
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:15 PM

DOLL MEN NEED LIST IM SORRY TO SAY OR NOTHENING GETS DONE HANG IN THERE !!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN