Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Best Friends!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 9 Replies

I've known my best friend since I was 19 years old, so that makes it around 21 years ago.  We ended up working side by side together for around 5 years (that was after I talked my then boss into hiring her,lol).  From day one we just clicked and have been best friends ever since.  We've been thru a lot, she's the sister I never had.

She's also my dd's Godmother.

Of course I consider my SO to be one of my best friends too, but it's just a little different between us girls,lol

How long have you known your best friend?  How did the two of you first meet?

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:35 PM

My husband is one of my best friends. We have known eacg other almost 12 years.

My sister is another of my best friends. I have known her since she was born of course, so 24 years.

And then there is my friend Amanda. I have known her since 6th grade, so almost 20 years.

yryssa1
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:43 PM
I have known my best friend since 2006. We met through online college courses. We just started talking and hit it off, we have a lot in common and have the same values etc. I call her my Anam Cara (soul friend). She lives in another state so we do not see each other often but we do keep in touch almost everyday
countrymomma81
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Well my husband is my best friend. I tell him everything. And I do mean everything. He knows absolutely everything that goes through my mind, even stuff he probably doesn't want to know...lol. 

I do consider his sister my other best friend. She and I have gone to school together since 6th grade, so I guess we were 10 or so. Although we weren't necessarily close, she and I had close mutual friends. We got really close when I started dating her brother then he and I ended up married. We have so much in common and we are 9 days apart...lol. 

TableforSeven
by Judy on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I was 17 when I met my best friend. We met through a mutal friend who introduced us....the mutal friend was my best friend - she said she wanted me to meet her boyfriend and that she hoped I'd like him -- I did....he and I have been best friends for almost 22 years now (and married for almost 21.5 years).

esox
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:21 PM

My best friend I've known for about 6 or 7 years. We met in a college cohort. I kept staring at her during on of her speeches in a class thinking that something was different about her. Afterwards we were eating lunch together in the cafeteria and I noticed that she never blinked one eye. So she went on to tell about her unilateral anophthalmia (missing an eye since birth). I was so enthralled with her story that I didn't notice I had to pee until it was too late. Peed my pants right there in the cafeteria. She laughed at me and we've been best friends ever since!

My other best friend was actually friends with my older sister in high school and used to think she was soooo much cooler and older than I. (She's 6 months older and a total doofus). Eventually my sister and her grew to hate each other and she and I have been good friends. Other than my bf shes the only one that knows I'm pregnant! I've known her for 15 years, and we'v been friends for probably the last 11 or so.  

Kara242
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:26 PM

My dh is my best friend!

I had a "close" friend that I recently ditched. She is pregnant and the hole 9 months its been nothing but baby this baby that. Every phone call or text message was baby baby baby. This is her 3rd. Then the beggig for clothes and  stuff on facebook. and the if you still want to buy me a gift this is what we need crap started!  her dh has a job, she collects unemployment for being fired for soemthing she is accused of doing that she now states she didnt do(she called me after it happened and said she did it and will probably get fired for it) A person can only take so much and she hit her quota along time ago with the back stabbing she has done to me over the years.

Jamie1972
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Now and for last 15 almost 16 yrs my best friend is dh.  I met my closet friend in the 7th grade.  Had a friend I was bff with in the 5th grade but when I moved we lost touch with each other. Fb brought us back lol. Then freshmen year I met my other half and another close friend. The 4 of us were inseparable during high school. Even . After my bff graduated we still did everything together. We joked That we were twins departed at birth but born 9 months apart. Things started to drift apart between us when I and our other friend both git engaged.  But when I needed my friend the most she dumped me with no warning no reason and never talked to me again. That was back in 97. My other real good friends I met in Jr college. But I really miss my bff from high school. She was the sister I never had,

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:03 PM

My best friend and I met when we were 12 years old ... it's been over 25 years.  No matter what,  we always ended up living within a couple miles of each other.  Funny enough, when I got divorced, the house accross the street from hers went up for sale, she told me to buy it, so I did.   We are not as close now as we once were ; she has her carreer and so do I, we work different hours, she has her dogs and her daughter and so do I, we both have our respective husbands, hobbies etc .  But she's still the sister I always wanted.  She's there for me if I need her.

KylesMom409
I have no idea how DH handles what's going on with his health. He's been diabetic for 21 years and now he has celiac disease. :(
Yesterday at 8:59 PM
by Linnette on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM
My SIL and I are best friends. We've known each other for about 16 years, long before she and my brother got married.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)