Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

MARRY EARLY OR LATER

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:40 AM
  • 54 Replies

which one do you prefer and why?

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 3:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy980106
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I married at 16 and we will celebrate our 16th anniversary on December. This is not something that I would want any of my children to do though. It was a very hard road to get to where we are, and we both matured a lot during our marriage. Thankfully, we are still together & very much in love - even if I want to pull my hair out sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alc4evermom
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:13 AM

I'm 30 and I've always wanted to find someone to marry, and now that I actually can, I'm like, we have a baby on the way I want to save money for the baby instead.  His dad is a pastor and said he's got the church, but pregnant at a wedding is not how's pictured my life lol well get married after the baby is born!!!

esox
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Never. I think marraige is a religious ceremony which is fine. I dont see the need to make it legal with a piece of paper no one will ever see. I can and do still love my bf without the papers. We've been together for 15 years and I dont see that chaning any time soon. Its too easy for people to get divorced, I think having a baby is a way bigger comitment! 

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:25 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't think either is better or worse.  No one should marry, before they are ready.

R_MAZIBUKO
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I was like you but I think for the kids sake mommy and daddy must share a name

R_MAZIBUKO
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Quoting Mommy980106:

I married at 16 and we will celebrate our 16th anniversary on December. This is not something that I would want any of my children to do though. It was a very hard road to get to where we are, and we both matured a lot during our marriage. Thankfully, we are still together & very much in love - even if I want to pull my hair out sometimes.

Iuse to think that I married early but you win.

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I never planned on getting married. My parents, grand parents, aunts, uncles.... You name it were all divorced. I had no positive role models of people who were married.

Ultimately, in my early 30's I met a man who marriage was important to and I knew that if I wanted to stay with him that we would have to do so married, so i took a leap of faith and married him. We've been married for 10 years. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I really can't compare. I married early~ I was almost 22. My husband and I just celebrated our 19th anniversary on Monday.

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:20 AM
I married at 20 & divorced at 22. I am now 38 and have no plans to ever re marry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
R_MAZIBUKO
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:03 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting conniejo75:

I married at 20 & divorced at 22. I am now 38 and have no plans to ever re marry

look at it this way it was a try on at 20 and was the right size but did not compliment the figure so u must try on another garmet and maybe just maybe the dress will fit like it was sewed on you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN