Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Been a while (Updated) :)

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:49 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi Everyonewave

It's been a while since I've been online even to check my email or facebook...lol Well last Wednesday night I got a call for our social worker friend Tim (went to high school with him) he ask he we could take in a brother and sister(12 yrs old twins) just for a week or so till family could been found. Now hubby was working late so I went with my gut on this one and said yes, even thou I knew we had a busy weekend coming up and family members that may roll their eyes. 

I texted hubby to call me when he could(he did call and understood but was worry about that many kids), and had a meeting with our kids(6) about our guest that were going to stay with us for awhile. Alexia our 12 yr old was excited thinking she would finally a older girl in the house. The others were ok with it. The first few days went ok they were in shell shock mode I could tell, making sure they didn't do anything with out asking me. Friday we plan to take the all the kids to a amusement park a few hours away, we were meting up with my brother in law and his wife, I call them Thursday to let them know what was going on. Plus the kids only had two backpack of clothes between them and mostly jeans and sweater... So we went to a out to few consignment kid shops to found them a few things, Alexia even went thur her clothes and gave it Juliet. Got them each a new bath suit and beach towel at old navy so they can go in our pool. 

Friday came, it was a great but lonnnnnnng day at the amusement park, also think it was shock for my brother in law and his wife(no kids other own). He keep telling my hubby that he doesn't know how we do it and hubby said he doesn't nothing it all me which I said isn't true but thanks for the credit. The kids were in 7th heaven went on all the rides 3times or more. Juliet and Jace (fosters) keeped saying thank you to hubby and me for everything. We told them you welcome and go have fun. Before hitting the highway towards home everyone was out for the count even hubby..lol Saturday we went to a local flea market and some yard sales. Then had my mom, dad and mom in law for BBQ. Believe you me both moms gave me a ear folded on taking in 2 more kids in stereo. I waved it off for in the being and told them not say this in front any of the kids. My dad was its your life do what you want attitude, telling the old hens to go eat dirt. Bubbhaa..  Thankfully Sunday we just lay around the house.

Anyway, Tim called me a few hours ago asking how things were going and if we would consider taking them as permanent foster since neither side of their family is willing or qualified to take them on. I told him I would need to talk this over with hubby face to face before I could give him a answer. That's we're we are at! Their not bad kids Juliet is more open since last weekend, Jace is coming around saying more then please and thanks. Don't get me wrong there have been bad times for everyone. But for the most part everyone is fine and there more laughing then tears so we must be doing something right. 

Update: Hubby and I did keep Juliet and Jace in our care. Things are going good, they are definitely out of they shell more, and our kids are enjoy having them with us. I think with them being older it helps blended  tho at time Jace seem lost. My hubby show him our goat karts and old golf kart last weekend and he been messing with them all week racing the others and playing taxis for the girls. Juliet and Alexia are always together giggling.  Juliet asked if their Aunt was gonna to take them, I said I didn't know and not to worry they were welcome here for as long as they need. Sadly our social worker friend Tim doesn't know what going on any members of their family, the aunt and uncle never return his calls. Just waiting on the school transfer and med cards. Then get then set up at our kids school and get everyone to the dentist. 

Thanks for all the positive replys, our extended family not always happy with things we do. So it nice to hear good things!

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
loveless82
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Hi,

Wow, If I were in you shoes I don't know if I could handle that many kids. I do think its great what you and your hubby are doing. :)
Musicknot07
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Hi,

Thanks, we are still talking about it. So hopefully but sometime next week we know what to do.

:) 

Jenn

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:13 AM
That's great What you are doing for these kids. You and you'r hubby will make the best choice for everyone involved. Good luck :-)
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Good luck ith your decision.
nurse1997
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Wow good luck and yikes all rolled up in to one ;]!

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck and best wishes no matter what you decide!
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Whether it's temporarily or permanently You opened your home and heart to those kids without thinking twice about it.  That is awesome of you .... no matter what your final decision is.

lynette2011
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:44 PM

THANK YOU  IAM WORKING ON  IT

KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Wow!

Good luck and God bless you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)