Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Tattoos, Piercings, and Purple Hair

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:15 PM
  • 58 Replies
2 moms liked this

Ok, so my hair isn't purple any more and I only have 3 tatts and a few piercings but I'm not done with the work of art that is my body.  I definitely want more tattoos and I'm wanting to get snake bit piercings and get my nose pierced again... I'm 32 and don't want to seem like I'm trying to be younger than I am.  I'm just that kind of person.  I enjoy body art, always have.  

Do you all have body art?  Do you proudly display it or is it more hidden?

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tammywhynot
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Then step away from the nose piercing....lol. I have 9 tattoos altogether, ears pierced 4 times, I had my eyebrow, nose, belly button and believe it or not my nail on my thumb pierced at one time but sort of took them out one by one as I got older. But still very guilty off hair colour, its letterbox red at the min.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kara242
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 5:59 PM

I have  tattoos combined in to 3 :) I had my nose pierced and dh hated it but I can put it in at any time. My belly button is done too but noone sees it cause I have gained weight. I also have my ears pierced, but never wear ear rings.

I want more tattoos but I just havent had the etra money nor do I really know what I want.

this is my fave tat! my family in flowers :)

letstalk747
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I currently have 4 tattoos (one each ankle, one right shoulder and on on my stomach) and am working on at least 2 more. I am not into piercings but have not problem with others who have them :)

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I have four piercings (2 in each ear) and two tattoos. One I have on my ankle so it gets shown during Spring and Summer months.

The first tattoo is four blue footprints with my four boys names next to them. The other tattoo is "hidden" on my lower back. The tattoo is my soon to be ex-husbands name in a broken heart. I put alot of thought into it, and did not rush into getting it right after we separated. I also made the decision to "hide" it where no one can see. I don't have a problem with getting a name tattooed on me, but many people do.
12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:49 PM

It's my body and I shall decorate it as such. MINE

I have 6 tattoos, mostly smallish ones, but have totally planned out more in my head! I had my ears stretched, thats mostly gone now. I'm bold enough to cut my own hair and every once in awhile I do streaks of color.

I'm 33 and I don't do it to be young, punk, wild or anything. Just as sort of re-claiming myself as an individual, my daily life is my family and my work appearance is of a respected teacher. But I still have interests and personality beyond the surface.

IHeartDraven
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:02 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't have any piercings anymore other than my ears and my hair is a color found naturally these days but I'm heavily tattooed- at about 92 hours worth of tattoo time
I don't hide who I am. I'm not trying to be 20. I'm 35 and I love my ink. I wouldn't say I flaunt it but I don't go out of my way to cover up either. It's part of who I am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soymujer
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I have three tatts.  Two of them are on my ankles so they get shown in the summer.  The other one is a "tramp" stamp and that doesn't get shown as much.

family in the van   Mom of four

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I currently have two tatts, one is on my calf and the other is on my shoulder.  The only time anyone really sees them is during the summer since it's hot and I wear less clothes,lol

I plan on adding a few more soon, and I'm 40.  

Because of work the only piercings I have are my ears.  

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

It depends on the situation ... I have 4 tattoos,  I don't particularly try to hide them but they are stratigically placed so that if I wear jeans and a T-shirt you don't see them.  I don't like facial piercings though (for me)  as for my hair, they do stand out a little - I don't look like a Suzie home maker which ever way you flip it !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN