Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

SCARED my MIL AND SIL Will think I need to do a better job.

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 28 Replies

I JUST STARTED WORK AGAIN MY 7MOS STILL DOESN'T SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT SO MY HOUSE ISNT AS SPOTLESS AS IT ONCE WAS , MY MIL LIVES 5 HOURS AWAY AND HER AND MY SIL ARE STOPPING BY TOMMOROW MORNING TO SEE THE BABY WHEN THEY DRIVE THROUGH WHICH WILL BE EXACTLY ONE HOUR BEFORE I LEAVE FOR WORK....... IM SO WORRIED THEY WILL THINK IM NOT DOING A GOOD ENOUGH JOB WITH KEEPING THE HOUSE UP IM GNA LITERALLY GET ON MY HANDS AND KNEES AND SCRUB IN A MIN NOW THAT MY LIL ONE IS ASLEEP ... BUT IM STILL PARANOID WISH I COULD MAKE IT PERFECTLY SPOTLESS BUT DONT THINK ILL HAVE THE TIME OR ENERGY... OVER THINKNG IT?

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:02 AM
You're over thinking. Since you're working your dh should be helping with the housework too imo.
jennj76569
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

agree. i actually just made him scrub the stove :) ...

Quoting OliviaW.:

You're over thinking. Since you're working your dh should be helping with the housework too imo.

KendallsMommee
by Chrissy on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Spotless is ridiculous.

Clean is not that hard.

Good luck.
FinchsMommy
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:37 AM
2 moms liked this
What they think of you and your ability to keep house is irrelevant. You are back to work, I assume your husband works and you have a baby who is not currently sleeping through the night.

Cut yourself some slack and be glad that your baby is happy and healthy. That is all that really matters right now.

I've been in the exact situation you've been in. At one point I cared what my MIL thought about my house especially after she made a snotty comment about how he was surprised I was keeping up on my housework. *rolling my eyes*. She had a maid when my DH was growing up and she feels that housework is women's work. So, you can imagine the work I've had to do to get my husband to contribute. She is a piece of work in general.

Either way, it doesn't matter what they think. Be proud that you are a new mommy who is adjusting to working while sleep deprived. 😃
JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:24 AM
I personally don't care what my inlaws think.
JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh, and I have five kids, stay home, and homeschool. My house is never spotless.
Snook35
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:57 AM
You only can do your best. I stopped caring a long time ago. They have 2 choices, come enjoy the baby or not. Make the house at least presentable enough where they won't get hurt.
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Good luck with the visit. Doesn't sound like they are staying long. They won't be focused on the cleanliness of your house.
Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:15 AM
You will never do a good enough job.
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM

over thinking it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN