Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

The worst thing he has done to me yet!

Posted by   + Show Post

My kids' father and I are not yet divorced. I left him after I caught him cheating (the 2nd time), about 7 months ago. He does not see our kids much, for whatever the excuse might be. But has decided to take them for a week of this summer. He had told me he would be taking them to his home, roughly 650 miles from where we live. Well, I found out very much by accident that not only is he not taking them to his home, he is taking them to another state and they will be meeting the other woman. The betrayal of me was bad enough, but now to exposed my children to even more confusion, what is he thinking? Not to mention that they are my kids, they don't need a mom, so why cant she just wait until after we are divorced to rear her ugly head? I mean really haven't they caused enough grief in the lives of my children and me?.... The hits just keep coming and I have to wonder what's next.. Can he find a new way to break my heart, increase my hate, decrase my ability to trust him with my kids. I have never agreed with parents who take children from another parent, but I am sure understanding more now.....

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Replies (11-15):
pregosngmom
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess it depends on what state you live in and if you are legally separated, but I'm pretty sure it is not legal for him to take the kids out of state.  ( bc you have custody currently)

If your not legally separated then I do believe that is a different story.  Either way your not legally divorced and it is immoral for him to introduce the kids to girlfriend or whatever.  He should know better than to do that.  Not to mention the fact that he really has no concern for his kids and getting them involved in a fly by night girlfriend.  I would def. consult my divorce attorney before letting him trot off with your kids.  650 miles that is a 14 hr drive!

mommybug77
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Ouch, sorry
Baby3thinkpink
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:39 PM
You both have custody if no order is given by a court. I think I would confront him, tell him you don't feel comfortable with him introducing them to her right now. And, you'd like the divorce to be final before that. Just to be completely truthful my parents divorced and I had to deal with meeting the new girlfriend and to be honest my mom handled it horribly and made it much worse then it had to be because she was hurt. Just be sure to try youre best to separate youre feelings for him and their feelings. :) I hope it all works out, hugs!!!
belleblu29
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Quoting MixedCooke:

Sorry you are going through this and feel the same about not agreeing with it but totally understanding it.  It is wrong for him to do that given the divorce is not finalized and the kids dont need to meet his latest flavor of the month until they are a permanent fixture.  I would definitely start working on your custody plans now!

Thanks for your thoughts. The divorce is supposed to state that I have full custody and he has requested only the minimum visitation by Texas law,  but the initial draft is not reay for my reveiw yet.

belleblu29
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Quoting Moof4boys:

Sorry for you to have to go through this, can you talk to him at all about this? I feel for you. Have you got good support around you?

I tried to talk to him, but he tells me that I am just paranoid and being stupid. I have a couple of good friends around me,but wish I had more support.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)