Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

WHAT IS BEING A MOM?

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:07 AM
  • 11 Replies

I was reading a post from this woman who just adopted a child and her riend commented that she was not a real mom

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jennj76569
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:15 AM
1 mom liked this

ITS unconditional love no matter what , Showing them love in every circumstance, TRYING with all that God has given you to protect and keep them away from evil at all COST.... That is what i think being a mother is and stands for.....

kyledavidsmom
by Tara on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting jennj76569:

ITS unconditional love no matter what , Showing them love in every circumstance, TRYING with all that God has given you to protect and keep them away from evil at all COST.... That is what i think being a mother is and stands for.....

I agree 100% my brother adopted his son. He is as much his father as his real dad. If it wasn't for my brother this boy would be so messed up.
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Being a mother doesn't necessarily mean that you had to carry them and birth them.   It's the person who raised, and cares for them, who loves them all their life.  For example my DH is more of a father than her Bio dad.  He spends more time with her and takes better care of her than he does.  Does it make him less of a worthy parent because it wasn't his sperm ?  I don't think so.  The fact that she'd rather stay with DH than go to her dad's speaks tons

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM

It's taking care & loving a baby/child no matter where they come from. Even step-mom's are mom's.

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I absolutely agree with you.  My dd calls SO daddy, he's been in her life since she was 4 years old.  If she mentions my ex it's by his first name only.  As far as she is concerned SO is her "real" dad.

Quoting Jinxed8:

Being a mother doesn't necessarily mean that you had to carry them and birth them.   It's the person who raised, and cares for them, who loves them all their life.  For example my DH is more of a father than her Bio dad.  He spends more time with her and takes better care of her than he does.  Does it make him less of a worthy parent because it wasn't his sperm ?  I don't think so.  The fact that she'd rather stay with DH than go to her dad's speaks tons

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:33 PM

My DD sees DH as her parent.  Sometimes she calls him daddy sometimes she calls him by his first name.  But when she talks about US as a unit she says my parents.  When she talks about her birth father and his girlfriend she says my father & Chantal.  Sorry but it says a lot in my book.

Same thing goes for moms ... a friend of mine adopted a "crack baby" the mother was a crack whore drug addict who had 7 children in 7 years and the babies were immediately taken from her at the hospital ; after she abandonned her first 2 ; my friend had one and 1 year later CPS called her and asked if she wanted the little sister as well ; she has had them since they were newborns and has raised them as her own.  Is the crack whore really more of a mother than she is ?  I don't think so.  They were born in her heart instead of from her womb but she IS their mother.

Quoting Briesmom38:

I absolutely agree with you.  My dd calls SO daddy, he's been in her life since she was 4 years old.  If she mentions my ex it's by his first name only.  As far as she is concerned SO is her "real" dad.

Quoting Jinxed8:

justahousewife
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Unconditional love and putting their best interest up front.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:10 PM
This.

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

It's taking care & loving a baby/child no matter where they come from. Even step-mom's are mom's.

snowangel1979
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:18 PM
So what is she then, an imaginary mom?

I never really understood "not a real mom". You can be a bio-mom, an adoptive mom, birth-mom, step-mom, ect, they are all still real and all have their place.

Being a mom is having a peice of your heart walking outside your body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lynette2011
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:36 PM

thats so trueand iam going to agree with you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN