Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

i near lost my sight due to an eye infection

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:11 PM
  • 6 Replies

i decided to post this bc it was pretty tramatic  and maybe i can help others. im 30 years old and i am almost legally blind, all bc of one simple eye infection i never got checked out!

I was at work one day and i felt like something was in my eye, i kept rubbing and rubbing it, i went into the bathroom and i splashed water in it and i just kept trying to flush it but i could see nothing but i def felt something, i figured i would just blink it out! well time and time went by and it wasnt gettnig any better i just kept ignoring int, then finally one day my entire white area of my eye was deep red, and my eye lid was almost half shut. i looked high im not gonna lie! it was def noticeable.  I finally called the eye dr,  and I went in, he said he noticed alot of spots on my eyes which would cause dry eyes, i also told him i had a hard time seeing it was getting bad, my reigser at work was coming up wrong bc i coudlnt see anything to know how much money to give back or if i was even putting in the register right!  i couldnt drive nothing! they put me on 5 different kids of medicaitons, NOTHING worked, i just kept going back it like 2 months for them to see that i developed this nasty eye infection ( i dont remember the name) and it caused me to get dry eye, i got more steroids for my eyes she says my vision will never be the same, i have all sorts of perminant damage! 

i got glasses.  finally. they are reading glasses but I can wear them when i need them! i only really need them to drive and to see on the computer, and some days i dont need them at all its weird! my eye lid is still not open all the way and i look horrible! 

i never knew an simple infecton could do this to me!  from now on i feel any thing wrong im going to the drs!

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Sorry to hear that. My hubby's contact had a small tear that scratched the surface of his eyeball and he ignored it for a long time. Bacteria seeped into the eyeball and it got really serious. He had to take oral meds and get drops that cost over $100.
Eyesight is not something I take for granted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
glitterrain
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:46 PM

noooo i def no that now this sucks

Quoting crwspringer:

Sorry to hear that. My hubby's contact had a small tear that scratched the surface of his eyeball and he ignored it for a long time. Bacteria seeped into the eyeball and it got really serious. He had to take oral meds and get drops that cost over $100.
Eyesight is not something I take for granted.

mumamy
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:55 PM

It is definately something no one thinks can happen to them... 
My husband was skiing and something went into his eye. His eye was read and sore and very painful. We went to hospital and they said he had a tiny puncture wound he wasnt able to see. It was already infected and at the time he was wearing contacts. We got him fitted with glasses (he had never used them since he was very young) At the next check up they said a film had developed over his eye (essentially scar tissue) and if he ever wore contacts for more than 24hrs he would start to go blind and they wouldnt be able to do anything about it.

glitterrain
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:04 PM

thats really scary! omg! thank god u guys caught that

Quoting mumamy:

It is definately something no one thinks can happen to them... 
My husband was skiing and something went into his eye. His eye was read and sore and very painful. We went to hospital and they said he had a tiny puncture wound he wasnt able to see. It was already infected and at the time he was wearing contacts. We got him fitted with glasses (he had never used them since he was very young) At the next check up they said a film had developed over his eye (essentially scar tissue) and if he ever wore contacts for more than 24hrs he would start to go blind and they wouldnt be able to do anything about it.

ArlieBeeMee
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:06 AM
My contact scratched my one ones.. Omg it was so bad.. It was a pencil lead end away from my pupil I almost lost my site.. Sorry girl it's rough!!
12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I had an eye infection that I thought was just allergies. It had started as allergies and gotten pretty bad cause I was pregnant too... I also wear contacts. The contacts kept reinfecting my eyes,even when I washed them, changed them, or took days off from them. They just wouldn't let my eyes breath enough. I had to give up my contacts for a yr to let my eyes fully heal.

Now when I hear ppl wearing contacts for days on end and not cleaning them because "whatever, it doesn't matter" it makes me want to scream.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN