Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

When to tell?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:34 PM
  • 17 Replies

My mom just sent me a text asking if I would want to meet her to go shopping in about an hour. I haven't told her I'm pregnant yet. I was waiting for my first Dr. appointment on Wednesday. I have no idea how Im going to keep it a secret now!! She will for sure know something is up, I've never been one to keep a straight face.

Think I should just tell her at the mall? Or should I just keep waiting. 

pregnancy

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christitaylor
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:56 PM

yes I would tell my mom that I think I might be pregnant, took the pregnancy tests and came up positive and my appointment is on Wednesday.  That's the truth and that's all.

hockey21
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I brought over my mom a cake  when she opened it the frosting was 1/2 pink 1/2  blue and she knew what that meant....tears and all  the cake was great!...  I would suggest a little trinket..like a  pair of booties, baby wipes, baby photo picture frame, baby tshirt ( gramma's are best)  etc...good luck  hope your mom loves it  and congradulations!

alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Just tell her when you see her. No reason it has to be a big production.

"Guess what mom?" "I'm pregnant!!!"

wickedfiress
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:26 PM
6 moms liked this
Just go into Motherhood Maternity and start looking at clothes. :)
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I'd tell her.

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
HAHA when I told my exMIL I was pregnant with baby #5 it was really my kids that did it. She had taken them to get halloween costumes & I went with them. The girls had asked me if we were going to get the baby a costume & exMIL said "What baby?"

If it were me- swing by the baby section when you go shopping & ask her which outfit you should get for the "coming home from hospital outfit"! Or browse the card section & show her a sentimental "congrats on being a grandma" card!
mumamy
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:34 AM

We told our parents early (around 7 wks), a few close friends around 15 but everyone else closer to 19wks (pretty darn obviously by then).

esox
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:22 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I did end up telling her yesterday. We went shopping for my nephew at Carter's and Osh Kosh. It was killing me! She kept saying "oh! This would be so cute for a new baby!" So while she was off picking out something for my nephew I bought a baby pair of socks and stuck them in an envelope with a "family" picture I had made.
At dinner my bf gave her the envelope and told her we had a family picture taken. She and my dad thought it was going to be a picture of our dogs. They were so excited when they saw the picture. My mom jumped up and said she had to go! She needed to go back to the mall and shop some more. I got the whole thing on video. It was pretty neat.
esox
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:25 AM
I wanted to do something a little special since my mother has been begging us forever to get her a grandchild. She only has 1 and he lives 800 miles away. She couldn't remember how my sister had told her or pretty much anything about her being pregnant. Just wanted to give her something more memorable than just saying "I'm pregnant" since it will likely be her last grandchild.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Just tell her when you see her. No reason it has to be a big production.

"Guess what mom?" "I'm pregnant!!!"

Crissy2424
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 7:38 AM

I would wait til after the shopping or right before. Sit her down while sipping on some coffee or smoothies and just tell her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)