Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

bedwetting 8yo

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:25 PM
  • 16 Replies

Does anyone else have a child that still wets the bed?  We've tried all the usual things, like waking her up before we go to bed, an alarm, limiting drinks in the evening, etc.  She'll grow out of it eventually, but until then we just keep her mattress and bed protected.  I've heard that 5-10% of 8 years wet the bed, so is anyone else in the same boat?

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Its.Me.Mama
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:13 PM

My bil wet the bed til he was 16... when I was little my parents had gotten a bed wetting alarm that goes under your sheets... that is how I stopped... I told my bil about it and he got one for himself. (parents wouldnt buy it for him) after a cpl weeks he was no longer wetting the bed..... yes I said 16... can you imagine how horribly that must have made him feel

alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Yes. My DS still wets the bed occasionally and he is 8 years old. It is perfectly normal.

We just put a mattress protector on his bed and he takes his sheets off and puts them in the laundry room if he wets his bed.

eb415
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:25 PM
We know it's normal, especially since she's never been dry at night.

We have a mattress protector too, but also have her in diapers at night since she's almost never dry. That helps a lot with laundry. Fortunately she doesn't mind them.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Yes. My DS still wets the bed occasionally and he is 8 years old. It is perfectly normal.

We just put a mattress protector on his bed and he takes his sheets off and puts them in the laundry room if he wets his bed.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:40 PM

We tried the night time pull ups but DS hated them. He has gone from wetting the bed 3-4 times a week to maybe once a week. ::knock on wood::

Is she a really heavy sleeper?

Quoting eb415:

We have a mattress protector too, but also have her in diapers at night since she's almost never dry. That helps a lot with laundry. Fortunately she doesn't mind them.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

jak3739
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:58 PM

We are and there are times where it drives me crazy. I am trying to be patient, but I admit it is hard.  My husband says he wet the bed until he was 10 or 11.  She is also dyslexic which makes her more prone to bedwetting problems, so I guess she is behind the 8 ball on this one.  Glad to know I am not completely alone.  We have tried everything, too.

eb415
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:29 PM

She can sleep through anything, so yeah, she's a heavy sleeper.  I guess we're lucky she doesn't mind wearing diapers - if she didn't wear them we'd be doing laundry daily.

What do you do about sleepovers?

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

We tried the night time pull ups but DS hated them. He has gone from wetting the bed 3-4 times a week to maybe once a week. ::knock on wood::

Quoting eb415:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

eb415
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:32 PM

How old is she?  Do you just wash her sheets every morning?  At 8 or 9 it's still relatively common.  She'll grow out of it sometime.  I guess I am fairly relaxed about it, but I'd probably be less relaxed if I had to do laundry every morning...

Quoting jak3739:

We are and there are times where it drives me crazy. I am trying to be patient, but I admit it is hard.  My husband says he wet the bed until he was 10 or 11.  She is also dyslexic which makes her more prone to bedwetting problems, so I guess she is behind the 8 ball on this one.  Glad to know I am not completely alone.  We have tried everything, too.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Haven't had to deal with that yet.

Quoting eb415:

She can sleep through anything, so yeah, she's a heavy sleeper.  I guess we're lucky she doesn't mind wearing diapers - if she didn't wear them we'd be doing laundry daily.

What do you do about sleepovers?

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting eb415:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

lucsch
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Pacific International--it is more than just an alarm. It is a system. It cured our 5yo! They only treat sleep-pattern related bedwetting.

nurse1997
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Make sure they are going number 2 it is linked up to 85 percent of  bedwetting - It takes hours before pee passes thru the body so unless u are stopping drinks around 4 its useless good luck !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)