Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you make 'budget meals' interesting?

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:31 AM
  • 3 Replies

So for those that cook a lot with saussages, pasta and mince what do you do to keep them interesting?

So far on my list I have lasagne, pasta bake and deviled or curried saussages but that is all I can seem to think of!

by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lauraash06
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 10:41 AM
I can turn anything into a pasta dish....lol chicken spaghetti, tuna casserole, fideo (hispanic section of super market) noodles with tomato sauce and hamburger meat, chicken pasta salad......chicken trip colored noodles and Italian dressing, frozen ravioli (like 2$ a bag at walmart) pasta sauce, Alfredo sauce and linguine noodles, precooked shrimp angel hair pasta black olives Lil olive oil and tomatoes, lasagna, spaghetti, hope that helps a Lil......sausage I do fried potatoes, onions and sausage, or fried sausage and Mac n cheese, or pigs in a blankey with biscuits and Lil smokies, dirty rice or gumbo with sausage, soup with veggies and sausage.....good luck
12yrmama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:19 PM

It's not the ingedients that have to be interesting. We can eat the same favorites but let the kids help make some parts or treat it like a resturant.

One of us, or oldest kid, is waiter and we take drink orders and offer salad or 'the vegetable of the day'. On very relaxed nights its a buffet!

hockey21
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

try making the pasta your self  its very easy...same with the sauce...you can add as mucha as what you want..stuff the pasta with what you want...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)