Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Little Boys and Pink Tiaras

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 7 Replies

http://www.babycenter.com/0_brain-development-is-the-difference-between-boys-and-girls-a_10310673.bc?page=1

This is an article I recently read, and especially favored a paragraph on the last page that stated girls and boys are born with equal capabilities in math, and that the gap develops gradually due to cultural stimuli or lack of.

I thought it was worth reading, and would love to hear your thoughts!  Anyone have a Tom-girl or Suzie boy?  I have 3 daughters and only one was ever remotely princessy. 

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I have 1 girl and she's definitely all girl !!  Barbies, evening gounds, make up and manicures !

Briesmom38
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I have one child a dd, she's 11.  She is most definitely girly girl.  She loves shoes, purses, clothes and of course jewelry and makeup.  But she does excel in Science and isn't afraid to dissect anything, and this past year she got down and dirty with one of the after school clubs where they cleaned up the environment.  So maybe there's some tomboy trying to creep out,lol

** It's 5 O'clock Somewhere **

Marz31
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughters love everything. She's girly, for sure, but she loves being dirty, playing with cars, really, she's a mini me :) she's the one in the dress playing in the mud ;)

ThatGirlShelley
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:50 AM

My daughter love dresses, painted fingernails and toes, princess tiaras and she equally loves sticks, jumping in puddles, and playing in dirt.

rgba
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:02 PM
My son loved anything pink and princess when he was a toddler, but at 4 not as much. We have done nothing to discourage it, but who knows what he hears from kids at school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pukalani79
by Kris on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:11 PM

My two girls are definitely girly girls.  My son loves legos, Star Wars and robots

IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I have done my best to avoid raising my son to believe that certain things are "girly" or "boyish."  Although he still picks it up from peers, which drives me a little bonkers.  But I don't steer him.  I think he's pretty well rounded but he's not a "Suzie boy," if you're using that to imply effeminate.  He's still a boy, but he's one that will happily play barbies with the neighor girls, or super heros with his cousin *shrug* he just wants to play.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)